About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

FLOWERS


This lovely lily is actually a deep orange...
kind of like the center of a blood orange...
And 
the center is a deep, dark maroon..
(somehow it looks yellow-ey here..)

I just love the frilly fringed edges...;)))

AND
This one has more blooming to come...
Beautiful striations that my phone camera
just didn't pick up...
*****************************
A different species of flowers appear below
↴↴↴↴↴↴
My first embroidered 
lavender bush:

Three colors for flowers ;
at first I just had used two colors
but it looked 
way too dark...
So I added those little very light lavender french knots...

This took me about 2 hours 
to complete...
And
Here it is in progress
↧↧↧↧
I may make a few just partials also...

{Lazy Daisy stitches and French knots 
adorning the stem stitching}

***************************

My ferns along the front walk in the late afternoon
seem to shimmer in this heat...

I am hoping the deer won't eat these buds off...
↡↡↡↡↡↡

this one directly above has never
bloomed before...
I wonder what color it will be...

It was a really humid day--but not quite as hot
as others...
so far, no rain in sight here...

Hugs from afar
Julierose, La Blageuse
(Enjoying-flowers-euse)


19 comments:

  1. Love those lilies, and the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and ferns - I really like your embroidered lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lilies. The humidity is a killer lately. Gorgeous embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty flowers and your lavender bush came out great. We had a rainy day.... fitting to work on my umbrella quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your flowers are gorgeous... the real and the stitched. I love how you used several color threads in the lavender. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that was a good call on 3 colors in the lavender embroidery.
    Your ferns look so lush. Mine are almost all eaten by the Japanese beetles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lily like that or did , It didn't bloom this year. Got attacked by the lawn mower I guess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are looking mighty pretty, Julierose. And the embroidery is perfect for that piece. Great color selections for the threads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The embroidery is so fun. I can almost smell the warm dusty smell of lavender

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty flowers - hope the deer go and get their lunch somewhere else! Your lavender flowers are looking great - amazing how we can while away so many hours with needle and threads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice flowers outside and in. so pretty. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers outside and on your quilts! Such pretty embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to have all those delicious daylilies in your garden, one of my favourite flowers even if the individual blooms last for only one day. Lovely lavender embroidery Julierose, can't wait to see this finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you chose lavender for this little quilt. It's perfect for the quilt and for the setting of the little house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely day lilies! It's so much fun to see all the different colors and variations when they bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's been a great year for daylilies. I think we are all much more mindful of pops of beauty...and we need them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.