About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, July 3, 2020

FRANKEN CHRISTMAS QUILT


I trimmed up "Franken Christmas"
this morning ...

All hand quilted now...

Here is the reverse
with a VERY old 
fabric I've been waiting to
find the right spot to use
I just love this print...
Here is a close up⇊⇊⇊
Aren't the figures just adorable? 
Love the expressions...
and poses...

Next I made up my binding..
using leftover fabrics..

Bits of my favorite Jason Yenter,
red/green geraniums, and 
some textured green...
{For those who asked I began with 4.5" strips, straight cuts
(no bias cutting) 
and the ironed and folded in half...

I know I said I was done with binding for a while, but I do want to finish this one up;
It contains a whole lot of my crumbs of favorite fabrics in reds, and pinks..
the white strips are just a serendipitous addition...
And i love how it pulls all those varied blocks together...

Somehow more crumbs have
resulted...
they just keep on expanding...😱😲

This one was
Fun to make and fun to hand quilt, too..
I used Valdani thread in
variegated reds...

Hand quilting this one has kept me company on many nights when
I could not sleep...

*****************************************
Lots of thunder, lightning and torrential rains
this afternoon...
And SO SO SO HUMID!!!
💇
I made piggy tails with my long hair to
keep cooler...

Stay safe, wear your mask..
😷
~ ~ ~ waving in the AC ~ ~ ~ 
Julierose, La Blageuse 
(still binding-euse)








11 comments:

  1. This has me wondering, do you have any UFOs left? You have finished so many..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a finish marathon! I love this quilt, and how you use each cherished fabric. Lovely.

    I finally turned to AC on today, Mo was panting desperately. I'm so glad my hair has grown into its usual ponytail to keep it off my neck.I had it cut into my alternative style of a straight bob, just before the crisis began, who knew that was a bad idea:in January we had never heard of coronavirus.

    Time now for Baby Mo to practice=ce for his [again solo] 4th of July parade. There may be icecream is he's good! ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderfully scrappy quilt - congratulations on reaching the scrappy binding stage. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Franken Christmas quilt. Whether you mean it as a thrown-together quilt (we all make franken-batts, etc) (and even Frankenstein celebrates Christmas!) or as a twist on frankincense - it’s the perfect name for a perfectly jolly quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! I love the scrappy binding. Use up those scraps! I don't know if the scraps ever really disappear. They just keep multiplying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishes my friend. Did i hear someone say you are out of UFOs? Lol I have some you can finish. Hee hee
    Great job busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing up Franken Christmas Quilt and nice binding ready to be stitched on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a small piece of the fabric you used for your back -- I've been saving it for many years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your are so close to the end to not get it bound and complete! It looks great and how awesome that you used up some of your vintage fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.