About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, July 6, 2020

MONET'S GARDEN


Monet's Garden

Ready to hand quilt...
Some of you long-time followers will
remember my travails with setting this one up
a few years ago.

Here is a closer peek 
at some of these fabrics...

This was a long term project 
that I finally put together today.

Here is the reverse 
I can picture having tea in the garden
Two of my favorite fun fabrics...
*****************************
This will be my July-August 
hand quilting project...

Below is the lovely linen storage tote that
a friend of long ago made for me:
thanks, MaryAnn ;)))

I've wanted to work on a piece
with pretty fabrics 
for a bit...

It's way too hot and humid to work on the deck
So I am here in my AC 
deciding on a thread color...
Perhaps this one:↓↓↓
It picks up the border color and some
of the water-ey fabric in the hexagons...

**********************************
I am planning my next trip to "Hexagonia"
now....
Another "pretty" fabrics one....

Stay safe and stay cool,
Your mask-wearing 
friend...
Julierose, La blageuse (Hexagonia-traveler-euse)



14 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE that gorgeous quilt top. A perfect midsummer's day project, sitting out on a porch swing, if only it wasn't so hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! I hope we get some cooler, drier, breezy days for deck sewing soon! Even Mo and I have banished ourselves indoors w the AC today, rarely happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt top and I have to say I really love that cup and saucer fabric you're using on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well just look at you go getting all those projects finished. It was too hot and humid here too so sitting outside was a no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are really finishing a lot of things lately. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful finish! I love that thread color. I've been sewing indoors too. Too hot out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and pretty thread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you have to work inside but the quilt and thread colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty project and I can't wait to see what you are planning for hexagons. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, pretty! Monet's Garden is a beautiful top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That thread would look great on this magnificent quilt. You are cranking right along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monet's Garden looks like it was a complicated block to piece. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a very pretty quilt - Monet's Garden has such beautiful colours and I love the greeny/aqua coloured cotton that you might use.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.