About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, July 20, 2020

WORKING NEXT STEP


After backing Tuscan Sunrise with lightweight
fabric, I stay stitched 1/4" 
all around...
and then...

I found these embroidered 
lavenders:
No. "3" below↶↶↶

and 
and this one
A combo of lazy daisy stitches
and french knots and 
green stem stitching.

Then I sketched out a few little ones
↴↴↴
So many ways to represent and
stack them in rows....

I kind of like the larger one--
Maybe three bunches 
in one row
and then perhaps smaller ones
(at a different stage of growth?)
in another row...

Here are the threads I've pulled...
Still thinking about those...

A sunrise in the morning light, so perhaps brighter 
lavender colors??

So, this is where I stand (actually sit hahaha)
this morning...👵

Not quite ready to jump in yet...

But 
it's
a
S T A R T ...
Stay tuned....💖

Stay cool
it is like a sauna here...
all fogged in, too...

{Wear that mask all....}
😷

Hugs from afar
Julierose, La Blageuse 
(in the planning stages-euse)


14 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! Love the lavender mebroidery designs and your threads.

    Might be too hot today for even deck sewing, hottest day of the summer? Baby Mo the Pug has to be kept indoors, he isn't pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty lavenders for the lavender! I think you did a great pull on the threads. Happy stitching and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy doing some research. I like what you have come up with. The embroidered lavender is going to be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a great start! The colours of lavender will be wonderful against those fabrics. Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing quite like the smell of lavender and I can almost smell the scent from looking at your little embroidered stem and flower. Hope you can spend quiet time stitching more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great plan. This is going to be a pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m loving your idea! I love lavender. Can’t wait to see you start. Enjoy your day. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lavender! Great way to finish your project. The heat was awful yesterday. Today was hot but the lower humidity was much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lavender is so lovely. what a great inspiration for your little project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be another treasure of a piece - happy choosing and stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.