About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, September 19, 2020

8 x 10

                                             Courthouse Step blocks
                                                                   In no particular order... 
                                                                        Just to check on coverage...
                                                                             8 blocks by 10 
                                                                                    blocks= 80..,,
                                                                          

Side view...

I have put the blocks in some kind of order by
piling them in "center hourglass" colors...



and
So, Dark purples, Light plaids,
Dark turquoise and
Light turquoise...

Of course, I don't have even numbers of each...
So, I will have to figure out a way to set them..
Either with the lighter colors in the forefront or the 
darker ones, or some
kind of variation...
Perhaps darker runs in the central portion and 
lighter ones on the edges?

Madam La Zonga "sees" these
on the floor somewhere
to set them up...🙍🙎🙏

It's mind-boggling!!!
P H E W !!

Hugs on a windy, sunny Saturday
Julierose, La Blageuse (pondering-euse)











                                 
 

14 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to get a glimpse of what the finished quilt will look like?! I love it, your color/fabric selections are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, Julierose. It's always interesting to see what happens with a group of blocks like these -- all the same pattern but a varied color range. It will be interesting to see your final arrangement. When I look at the first two photos, the outer edges of the blocks stand out more than the center hourglass colors. I see many browns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is turning out to be such a whimsical quilt! Still a lot of work ahead and decisions to make but it will go fast, There is a bunch of movement with all these blocks together. Just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are going to make such a beautiful quilt! Love their rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt will be beautiful no matter how you put the blocks. I love all the colours there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. I love the secondary pattern I see emerging also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! That's a big bed to cover.

    What a glorious day, tho a surprise. We don't expect fall in mid September,. do we...

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Havent you done well! Now.....to stitch them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking wonderful! It is going to be such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colours in these blocks are glorious, I love the purple and aqua together here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--you have really been busy with these blocks! They look great and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the floor set up for quilts - gotta love that. The body?....not so much! The quilt looks great all laid out on the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.