About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

FACE TO FACE

                                          Her face is coming into focus now....💗💗💗

I love how her eye looks...
all smokey and sad,,,

AND
The outlining of her lips looks real....
kind of like a Marilyn Monroe lipstick...

Working on a face involves a lot of closely shaded
drills for the complexion...

I have begun the right hand section 
beneath the eye next....
working top to bottom 
left to right

Walking by my room looking in
 she looks 
beautiful 
from afar...



Today will be a diamond painting day for me.
I couldn't paint yesterday as my eyes had been dilated...
Those little drills moved before my eyes..yikes!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Here is my box of 65 Courthouse Step blocks...
with the centers I've pre-made waiting...

 I am making these on 8.5" muslin squares
so I won't have to line this quilt,
It is meant to be a lighter weight coverlet.

It is a foggy, hot and humid morning here...
Gray skies with thick cloud cover...

Hoping for afternoon clearing and some 
deck time...
Hugs to you all,
Julierose, La Blageuse (DP-ing-euse





11 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous... I thought of MM as well when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous, and coming to life. I hope your eyes are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at diamond painting sites yesterday and saw her and though that's thats one julia is doing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making good progress. Some people say they have nothing to do during this time - not you, not me. There are so many great things to keep people like us busy. Life is good in spite of all the inconveniences of Covid (and of course my heart goes out to those who are ill or who have lost loved ones.) There are still little things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the diamond painting reminds me of art nouveau.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lady is looking amazing. I must be hard not to spend every waking moment working on her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The diamond painting is gorgeous! You're doing a great job on it! You're making great progress with your blocks. The weather today wasn't the best. I heard the weekend will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realized what your diamond paintings remind me of. Kristy Daum (http://www.stlouisfolkvictorian.com/) makes pixel quilts. I attended her presentation at the Pine Tree show in 2018 and saw her Benedict Cumberbatch pixel quilt up close.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.