About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

LONG ROWS SEWN (CS)

The 8 longer rows on my 
Court House Steps Scrap quilt
are finally sewn together..

This is where I started this morning with short rows of 6 each 
↡↡↡



If you click on the 1st photo above
you can see the 10 block rows end up on the floor...
👀👀
I call this Phase Two 
AND
done! ;)))

It took me 2 and one-half hours this morning
to sew two blocks on either end of each row...

So
8 long rows of 10 are sewn...

Now to sew the L O N G rows together..
BUT
I am taking a bit of a break before
tackling that....👵

**************************************
It is 72 degrees here today--a lovely warmish day
I am hoping to sit out on our deck for a bit...

Hope you are having a wonderful day
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse 
(resting-euse)




 

19 comments:

  1. My goodness that’s a lot of work but so worth it. Beautiful colors on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Dimensional. So much subtle texture and loveliness.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, you've been busy. It looks fabulous. It sparkles like jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing those long rows together isn't the most fun part of quilt construction, but it will be so worth it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I embiggened the photo so I could see the quilt better - it looks great! You have reason to be proud of this one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rows are looking good. The long seams aren't a lot of fun but definitely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is coming together very nicely! It was warm here today too. Nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is looking amazing!! That is going to be one beautiful bed quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you must be so happy with how this quilt has come together, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize that it was anywhere close to assembly time, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! They look like gems. I love sewing the blocks together to make rows, not so much sewing the rows together. But it is very satisfying when it's finally a quilt top, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So much work coming together in this particular quilt. Really, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is marvelous, Julie!!! Gosh, you have earned yourself a break. I am sure it will be a spectacular finish...whenever you get back to it. Stay Safe and Sane (if possible).

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is looking fantastic! Such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.