About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

MOVING ON

 

                                             I began this Grief Cloth after Mom died, 
                                                        5 years ago now this past June.

I kept having to put it down and away in its box; for....
every time I picked it up it all rushed back...losing her....
my last parent; my Father died in 1997--way too soon....

*****************************************

I have finally been able to add borders and have decided to work on this now...

The three hearts on the bottom are symbols of 
my Father (L), 
my Mother (R) 
and me in the middle as their only child...

At the top -----
the little heart flying away is me,
 "moving on" with my life without them....

*******************************
I am going to do embroideries in the white spaces;
some applique patching,
and add final borders 
for a little  picture to be framed.....

A Memory ; 
A Remembrance of our lives together,

and
NOW
 I am finding this to be heart-warming work..
                                         💗💗💗👪

**********************************
In other stitcheries:
I have begun my 4th butterfly--which will be all in greens...

Its body is a dark green
 (looks black here)
And I have added some french knots 

[Can you see my feet sticking out there  ;))) ]
                                        
**********************************
AND
Like the butterfly,
I am moving on....

Hugs to you all
Stay Safe
Julierose, La Blageuse (stitching-euse)






12 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have reached this point in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grief cloth is an interesting project. Loving your butterflies. They are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see you are able to work on this now and have a wonderful plan in place. Love photo's with feet in it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely thing to do, in memory of your parents. I know what you mean about grief/stress and stitching, although I had a different experience than you. When I was diagnosed with bowel cancer some years ago, I was working on two quilts at the time. But I couldnt bear to look at them because of the association and it took me quite some time till I got back to finish them off. And pleased to relate that I came through the other side after my cancer treatment.
    Nice to see another pretty butterfly taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a grief cloth, but I would qualify to make one. I lost both parents and my stepfather within 3 years of each other, and have had to deal with all three estates. I guess that's how I worked through my grief.Those of you with fur babies will understand this- I also lost both my wonderful dogs during this same time frame. Serious quilting has helped me. I'm glad this cloth works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great memory project with perfect symbolism. Sometimes it does take us awhile to be in the right place to be able to work on such a project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe as you work on it this time you will gradually go from grief to celebration of their lives. I starting making all of my 16 patch quilts when my dad was in quickly declining health and then death and they give me great joy now as I continue making then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly takes time to get over the difficult times in our lives. Your memory project will be comforting now that your emotions aren't so raw. Pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for reaching the point where it doesn't hurt so much to pick up a memory piece. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It can take such a long time.... Your grief cloth is such a tender piece. So glad you can work on it again.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.