About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, September 6, 2020

PATCHING, et al

 

                                                        MY FAVORITE DENIM SHIRT...

Time for  a fix....


                                                                  This is a long tear....
                                       so I trimmed off the hanging threads 
                                                 and added some fray check to all the sides....

                                                        Before  I basted the tear  shut ...

                                            
Next:   
                                   I remembered this lovely fabric strip that Lizzy at 
                                                                  Lizzy at           
                                                        Gone to the Beach
                                                               sent me
                                                  in her packet of favorite fabric scraps....
                                                       thanks Lizzy so much...I am using them
                                                                in special places ....💕💖

                                               And then ,
                                             I  appliqued it on...
                                                            using my prepared 
                                                                       folded under seam method...

                                                                    A N D ...
                                                                 V O I L A !!              :)))

                                    My favorite Shirt can still be worn some more....😁🙋🙇
                                                                 File under "USE IT UP!!!

                                              I will think of you, Lizzy, every time I wear this...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
                                                           Early Morning on our deck....

                                                   I am deciding where to place the black
                                                                   Cross Stitches before I
                                                                         add any colors....

I decided on a single outline for now--
When I finish both sides,
I will see if I need a deeper line....

***********************************
It is so beautiful and cool out here
in the morning quiet...
I can just spy my lovely hydrangeas 
gently waving in the cool breeze....
Ahhhhhh...
What a lovely way to start my day....

And,
What is that lovely odor wafting in on the breezes??
So pungent...

I look over our east railing and spy this
bush covered in wild white roses...
Mother Nature's perfume....

I hope your Labor Day Weekend is wonderful
Stay safe
Wear your masks
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (mending-euse)






       

                                                              









16 comments:

  1. Yes mending things and using them up. Makes one feel good. Nice save on that denim shirt. I can smell those roses from here. Ahhhhhh
    Nice lazy mornings...gotta love em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne--your comment didn't get to my gmail...
      I am thinking I should do more patching works...
      hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. Lizzy--I could not get the linky to work to your site...
    sorry,,;000Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect morning you had. Cool weather on the deck with stitching. Sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely patch, so that you can keep that shirt. I am missing the wild roses in the field this year. I am sure I spied some. Maybe I need to slow down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one thing that being home has helped us do - patch things that we normally wouldn't, simply because we know in the back of our minds that it's doubtful anybody will notice. Case in point is my taking in all our t-shirts and such since we lost the weight. Normally I would have been shopping for new (at least to us!) clothes but we're using what we have and it's perfect. My sewing skills when it comes to alterations aren't the best but perfectly good enough when it's just the two of us. I like what you did to your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your perseverance! My children keep sending me mending and altering, I want to say;'do I look like a tailor?!' But a treasured garment is worth mending! Happy Labor day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful repair! And your deck looks like such a peaceful place for some stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great fix! what a nice place to sit and stitch. happy Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good save! I have a favorite denim shirt too and would have to find a way to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to give up a belovedly worn denim shirt. I patch mine too. My grandson calls my habit of wearing a shirt over a tank top my "uniform".
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shirt looks perfect with you patching job! Your deck looks very inviting to sit and stitch. Hope you had a nice Labor Day. I stayed home which is fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely use of applique! Wild white roses sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A clever way to extend the life of your shirt. And what a lovely piece you used to mend it. May it last many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea to fix a favorite shirt. Wild white roses? How “cool”.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.