I finished binding and
labelling my
Christmas wall hanging...
"Angels We Have Heard on High"
one of my favorite Christmas carols.
This was part of a Jan Patek pattern
that I machine appliqued...
and hand quilted
is made from Tom's Pj's ;)))
I don't have many fabrics that
are usually used in "Prim" pieces;
so he's one pair down--- hahaha.
I also have been making a secret gift for
someone special
here is a sneak peek at the back
I just fell in love
with this Vintage fabric...
Isn't it neat???
So evocative of happy times....
****************************
And staying with the Christmas theme today
I began making some little Christmas trees
I am using Amy Smart's
(Diary of a Quilter)
method....
These are such fun to make..
she's right, you can't
just make one...;)))
💝💝💝
**************************
I have also picked up my next butterfly
[now that my "to be mailed"
gifts are done]
and am working on it slowly...
I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend,
getting some sewing in, and
staying safe
😷😷😷
Hugs from afar,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(getting in the "spirit-euse")




Cute Christmas wall hanging, your home is ready for the holidays 😉
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely angel quilt!!
ReplyDeleteThe angel looks great! I got my packages in the mail on Wednesday. I was the only one in the Post Office Lobby other than the clerk. It was a quick trip. Now I can relax. I love the little Christmas Trees. Not only is the pattern a good one but I love the fabrics you have chosen.
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking, "It can't be Christmas already?" But your lovely angel is right on time. This year disappeared somewhere!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see your Christmas stitching. Yes, it's coming up fast.
ReplyDeleteVery cute and love that his PJs were used for the piece! For some reason I am picturing him wearing them still with a hole in them from where you cut it out!
ReplyDeleteA little cutting and a little sewing... time to get out my snow globes... then dinner.
I love your little Christmas hanging. When I was working at a quilt shop in the 1990s the Red Wagon books were all the rage, Jan Patek and Gerry Kimmel and Linda Brannock. I hope I spelled them all right, I have sold my books so I can't check.
ReplyDeleteYour angel quilt is so cute - and I like the use of PJ's! The skating fabric is wonderful too.
ReplyDeleteYour angel wall-hanging is just adorable, Julierose! How fun to use some pj fabric in it! I love making those improv trees, too - I'll enjoy seeing what you do with them.
ReplyDeleteI have long loved Jan Patek's designs, so that little quilt makes me smile. I'm giggling at the use of the pjs - has he missed them yet?? Haha. Those trees look fun!
ReplyDeleteIt’s lovely Julierose. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteOh, so pretty. I keep playing the song in my head now. 😊😊😊
ReplyDeletesweet wallhanging!
ReplyDeleteA happy Christmas quilt, love the angel in the middle - is husband having a new pair of PJs for Christmas???
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely angel! And the Christmas trees....I've been admiring these (all over blogland).
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet angel! I never would have thought they were someone's jammmies! The vintage fabric is lovely! Great projects!
ReplyDelete