About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

STITCHING GEESE

 
I've  begun hand quilting
Starry-eyed Jack...

After much deliberation I decided
to use black DMC #12 thread..
to out line my geese...

I got 8 of the 20 done before
my hands began to hurt...
Not bad....

On the reverse side,
The geese will be circling 
around the Full Blue Moon

Can you see the stitched geese 
heading up there?
[click to enlarge]


the quilting is harder to see on this side
but it is a subtly toned side anyway
so, I am happy with it...

Some of the quilting will not go all the way
 through to the reverse. 
But enough to hold it together securely...
i am thoroughly enjoying quilting 
"Jack"  by hand...

*******************************
For those of you Diamond Painting enthusiasts
Here is a picture of my next project:
"Fairy Lights Tree"
The only picture that I have of it is this thumbnail
print on the side of the canvas...
{click to enlarge}--

and here is a closer look at the top left portion
↡↡↡↡↡
There is a ton of  "confetti"
(aka lots of color changes)
So 
Slow Going....
I am anxious to get to that 
lower turquoise portion..

********************************
Sunday Supper is:

Pot Roast in the Slo-Cooker
with gravy and potatoes; 
and butternut squash spirals 
with maple syrup...
It is very chilly and gray for our first Sunday 
of the change back to EST 
so darker than usual early on
😢

Enjoy your Sunday
don't forget to V O T E 

and wear your mask--for 
It IS NOT over...!!!
😷

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(hand quilting-euse)








10 comments:

  1. Your hand stitching looks great on Jack! I love your new diamond painting. It looks difficult. We're having stuffed chicken with spaghetti squash. It's raining and dark. Not the best weather day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to have your geese circling the moon. I did enlarge your photo to take a look and must say your stitches are wonderful. Isn't it great to sit and hand stitch like this. My favourite thing to do. Anyway, wish I could drop by; supper sounds amazing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting on Jack! I sometimes have trouble getting all of my quilting stitches to show through on the back, too. The moon on the back is a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quilting design for Jack and black was a good choice too. Your supper sounds SO good...I can almost smell it. And, as far as the slowness of the Diamond project, I think that sense of calming and slowing down is just what we could all benefit from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black thread is perfect choice, Julierose. I love the look of hand quilting and top stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look on the geese. It's definitely not over in Texas! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack grew! We have already voted , me in person and Tommy by mail because of his COPD. stay safe my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea to put the pumpkin on one side and the full moon on the other. Especially apt for this year with our Halloween blue moon. There won't be another till August 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is turning out so great! Your dinners always sound better than mine. I need to get motivated on the meal planning front.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.