About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 27, 2021

THE CHERRY THIEF

 
Hand quilting 
"The Cherry Thief"
out on my deck this morning.

It is a beautiful sunny day here....
Working my way slowly around
"The Thief"

{This type of quilting is so different
from the Big Stitcheries I've
been doing lately..
My stitches are not that even 
or small
but, they are what they are...}
👵

and here it is with one row of
quilting around all the
applique pieces...

Now I am in a quandry as
to what to do next..
?????

Should I do another row of 
hand stitches
around the appliques?

Then...
I  thought I would do a background
of straight stitche fill ins
but now
I don't know how 
that would look.
?????
And
Now
I am thinking of tying from the
back so that only the little
stitches would show on the
front...

Stay Tuned....

***********************
I was supposed to go food shopping this
morning, 
BUT
Who wants to do that on such
a lovely morning...
cool breezes...
coffee and homemade
banana bread on the
deck..
*********************************
Here are the hollies 
Tom planted along our 
new privacy fence...
(click to enlarge)
These are
"Nellie Stevens" Hollies
that are deer resistant.

The sad looking bush in the center is
a transplanted rose--which looks
Very Unhappy!!😞
I hope it will come back to life....
Time will tell...
⏳⌛

I hope you can get out and 
enjoy part of this
lovely day....

hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse
(deciding-euse)












8 comments:

  1. so glad to see that you are hand quilting outside. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about transplants is that we don't always see good results the same year but the next year is the real test. I have transplanted quite a few things this year and a few showed immediate good results so I'm happy. I hope your rose does a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely to do some stitching outside! I think your stitches look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be able to sit and quilt outside. I love holly, it doesn't seem to grow in this area though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are enjoying some lovely weather - it makes everything seem better! My quilting stitches aren't that neat and even either, but it is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand quilting outside sounds nigh onto perfect. And are the quilt police going to come and check the size of your stitches? I think that's the beauty of hand quilting because you can actually tell it's quilted by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to sit, stitch and enjoy the great weather!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.