Here is my first page
for my new Stitchery Journal...
I am following Youtuber "Roxy's Creations"
for prompts and this is page one.
The prompt was
"Bouncing Bunny and Lace".
Each month will be a new prompt.
As usual (sigh) I only found this site
late last week and am L A T E
starting. The above is January's
project...
(They are on April now, but I
am not in a rush, just taking it
slowly for enjoyment..)
I drew out my little
leaping bunny and then quilted
her to flannel so she would
stand out a bit more
on the background...
Now that I have the base stitched in place
I will begin to embroider
and embellish my page.
All these pages--12 in total--
will then be bound into a
hardcover
book at the end...
I am using mostly my cut-offs
and scraps from Crazy Quilting;
and my knowledge of bookbinding
can be utilized--
Such fun using book arts,
embroidery and fabric layering
all in the same project.
😄
(I took an online bookbinding course
about 5years ago--
hoping I can now remember
how to do it!!)
*********************
I have been absent for a bit here,
as I
had to have a 2nd epidural
on March 30th--
{Even more painful than the first
I must say!!}
Ugh--
BUT....
I do feel some relief and just have
some hours here and there
with pain...
So, I am cautiously hopeful
that this back problem will eventually be
a thing of the past!!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
What I have discovered is that sitting at my sewing machine
sets off my back into spasms--no matter how or which way I
have lowered or heightened my chair-- it still
happens (Tom tried about 6 different
levels for me--but no dice!!)
👹👿
Soooooo,
I am doing my hexagon work and
now this fun stitchery project....
*******************
Dinner tonight is my chicken/rice
casserole with snowflake rolls.
Tom was my sous-chef and
I managed to cook will seated on
our counter stool.
Where there's a will there's a way
people ;))))
I hope your Sunday
is full of sunshine and sewing...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(a'sittin'-and-a'sewin'-euse

I'm having a little trouble with sitting down too. I think it's varicose veins - odd place to have them. Anyway, I'm writing this standing up because its more comfortable. I'm so sorry about the painful shot. Yikes! I remember years ago I did machine sewing while standing at the counter. I operated the foot pedal with one hand and the other hand guided the fabric. It was slower than usual but it got the job done. I love the book page, it would be so relaxing to do something creative like that.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've found different kinds of hand stitching that you enjoy doing, Julierose! A stitchery journal sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteOh, I do hope your back becomes less painful with you having the 2nd epidural. I must say your sweet bunny, leaping across your collage of pretties, is gorgeous. Such a beautiful piece you have stitched. Just fabulous. Please take care.
ReplyDeleteOh no! So sorry the second was just as painful. Greg is thinking he might need another one as the pain is starting to come back a bit. I'm glad the pain is better and you have found something to do that you enjoy.
ReplyDeleteInteresting new journal project! Too bad about the difficulty sitting at the machine, but good you can still do handwork.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you found a fun new stitchery project! I hope this epidural has more long lasting effects. Again I recc the cdb massage ointment; it seems so silly but then I notice the pain is less. I am also using the cbd gummy bears. Not sure they help for pain, the oil might be better, but they do help my longering Covid Time anxiety.
ReplyDeleteAll ship to Conn for you.
Cold grey and windy here. Your dinner sounds delish. I had planned a M Stewart casserole, a gratin of potatoes, goat cheese, asparagus to augment leftover roast beef or alone, but wsn t in the mood to do all the steps. Rice pilaf and roasted broccoli instead.
So very sorry you are in such pain, but glad you are able to stich and cook a little bit. Wishing you a speedy recovery. The first page on your stitchery journal is beautiful! Interesting project.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you still have back pain.its the pits.glad you found a creative outlet
ReplyDeleteThe stitching journal sounds like an interesting project. It will be fun to follow your progress.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope the latest epidural does the trick and you are free of back pain going forward.
So glad you can work on hand projects -- you still feel productive and maybe save the back a bit!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. It must feel to good to be able to work on projects while sitting down. Love the first page! Looking forward to more!
ReplyDeleteI do like what you're doing with your Stitchery journal but sorry to hear you're struggling to spend time at your machine. Maybe give your poor back a little more time and stay with the sitting and hand stitching. Hope things improve for you.
ReplyDeleteFingers are most firmly crossed that the latest shot helps. Maybe staying clear of the sewing machine for awhile is needed and discovering this new project is perfect for that. I was thinking that something like this could be used as a stitch sampler too - using different stitches and combinations for the hand stitching could be fun. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!
ReplyDeleteI really admire how you are keeping going and hope that your pain levels carry on improving. This journal sounds like a wonderful project and I like your first page very much.
ReplyDeleteI love casseroles. I caught your comment on Barb's blog you were making a chicken/rice casserole for Christmas dinner. Any chance you can share your recipe with me? I searched your blog, but didn't see it.
ReplyDelete