My first butterfly didn't like this garden
page....
(sorry for the dark photos)
So, when Lace Wing flew by to take
her place ....
[I crafted her out of muslin
and bits of cut off laces..
from a tutorial on YT
@ "Corrines made to be loved" site]
I decided this species
would go well with my soft page...
I kantha slow stitched the
whole page
and made some little
French knots to
delineate her body.
And so This page Three for
March of my little
fiber journal...is done...
Here are pages one and two
sewn onto the book leaf
↧↧↧↧
"Country Cottage and old quilt"
for April
Well, I don't have any old quilts
that I want to cut up--so,,,
I am quilting the house roof
to be my version of an
old roof...
Stay tuned to see
the new page
base....
***********************
"Relaxing Robin.blogspot.com"
had issued a little tree
challenge...
SO, in this latest block
for April (yes, I am still behind!!)
I hope to incorporate a tree of
some sort...
**********************
Tonight's dinner will be
Chef Tom's
bbq'd cheeseburgers
and panfries with onions..
One of my favorite meals...
**********************
It is still very cold and windy
here, not at all like my
idea of Springtime...
Bundling up for my short
round our cul-de-sac stroll...
BRRRRRRR.
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{doing-better-each-day-euse ;))) }
.


Hi Julierose, hope you are well. Love the new page to your book. This is a very interesting project and I can see how you can use up some bits of just about everything in the craft room. We've been away and I'm behind on blog reading so you'll likely see more comments from me over the weekend as I catch up. No need to reply to them all LOL
ReplyDeleteOhhh, your pages are beautiful! What thread did you use for the kantha quilting on the butterfly page?
ReplyDeleteYour pages are turning out so pretty, Julierose! I love looking up close at all the details and your amazing stitching. Have fun with the next one!
ReplyDeleteThe butterfly page is so feminine and cute. It will go really well with the rest. Such a fun project. Your dinner menu sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! Lovely butterfly! This seems like such a freeing and creative project. I admire how you are willing to try , use/ discard/ reuse to find what resonates. I have a sweet very pale pastel House quilt block prob 8 1/2" sq ish if you get stuck w your newest prompt.
ReplyDeletelove
lizzy
Your pages are looking beautiful. So many small details and textures on each page. Stay warm (hard to believe we are saying that almost into May!)
ReplyDeleteYour pages are turning out to be gorgeous! Whatever you're doing, keep it up! Just lovely to see your progress! It's way too cold for this time of year. And the wind just won't quit!
ReplyDeleteYour pages are so pretty. I agree we have been chilly still too.
ReplyDeletePretty pages on your project. Chilly here too. I better get some quilts done lol
ReplyDeleteI love your new flutter-bye. She looks perfect on that page. (btw - if you're curious to see what I did that's sort of along the same lines, check out the 'journals' category in my blog sidebar....you'll have to scroll down to see the pages)
ReplyDeleteI think we are all suffering from a cold spring so far. We have also had very little sunlight for the month. Hopefully May will be a nice surprise of warm sunny days.
ReplyDeleteChecking comment availability--seems ok
ReplyDeleteYour pages are so beautiful! I really like all the different textures and the stitching. It will be exciting to see them all together in the end.
ReplyDeleteYour pages are so very pretty. I love all the different textures and your hand stitches.
ReplyDeleteLove this project! I can't wait to see what comes along through the year!
ReplyDelete