This is my own Kantha stitched page
I've begun...
I have two empty pages
in my Fabric Journal
because I didn't do the
pre-Prompts stitch
dictionary pages--
since I've been embroidering
since early childhood
and pretty much know any
stitches I'd like to use.
I am calling this one
"Rain Dance".
The yellow Dancing Woman
is part of a linen shirt that
a friend gave me...
πππ
And the great crow fabric
is part of the
little bundle that
Lizzy (click for her site)
generously sent me to
use in my Fabric Journal pages...
Thanks again--this was just perfect,
Lizzy to go with my little vignette...
I love it!!
πππ
So...
My base is now stitched together
and I will be adding more
stitchery later on this week...
I have a bit more of that creamy
yellow linen fabric and I
am thinking that I will use
more of it on the page that will
be facing this one...
*********************
And now for something
COMPLETELY
horribly different!!!
Our only year old kitchen
sink faucet is all corroded
and is leaking every time
we turn it on!!!!
Aaaaarggghhhh!!!
this makes for lots of fun and
games while cooking and
doing any dishes that won't
go into the dishwasher...
We have decided to replace the whole
sink (as we are not thrilled with
that porcelain one)
with a simple,
and sleek
stainless steel one.
The only problems are
1) it won't be shipped until the 27th;
and
2) we have to find and set a date
for a plumber--
and you all know
what that is like...
πΏ
And so it goes....
Hugs on this rainy day
Julierose
La Blageuse
(sous ma paraluie)


"Why do two colors, put one next to the other ,sing?
ReplyDeleteCan one really explain this? No,"
--Pablo Picasso--
This is a neat page, Julierose! I love the crow fabric, and the way you added other bits and pieces in, too. So sorry to hear about your sink and faucet, though. It's frustrating to have to wait for things like that when we use them daily!
ReplyDeleteIt always seems difficult to get workmen these days, hope your new sink gets fitted easily.
ReplyDeleteAnother fun-looking page. So sorry about the tap - has to be so frustrating when it's not very old.
ReplyDeleteOh no on the sink issues! That is terrible. Love your journal page.
ReplyDeleteI love your new pages. Very unique and very you! I feel all the new appliances and supplies out there are made cheaply and don't last very long. The old stuff was better!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful page, how lovely the crows look in this context. The sink issues must be so annoying!
ReplyDeleteYou are very creative with your journal pages, Julierose. This is definitely not my craft but I do love watching your progress.
ReplyDeleteI love this page! great stitching
ReplyDelete