Here are my "Many Trips" blocks;
so far, I've made 16.
And--
They are "growing" on me...
I have 4 more to finish that
bottom row...
↡↡↡↡
[Notice the top right block:↟↟↟
I used a really dark strip
there--luckily I have
another matching one
So when I sew the blocks in
their final setting, I can
use those two
in the middle maybe..so
they won't stand out
so much...]
It took me a while to figure out the
ironing procedure
for these, but I
"understand" it now...
Easy really...
Once in a while though,
Jack the Ripper
has to be called in --
mainly when I begin
separating the
tubes..
and then
I have to do
some re-sewing
👀👺👀
aaargh!!
**********************
My lilies are still not in bloom...
perhaps this rain we've had will
coax them out???
And my Rhodie by the
front side of our house
gave us a wonderful
extravaganza
of color this year!!
I keep on looking for fabric
with these color variations...
By the side of our garage and
in front of tv room these
bloomed well
What lovely colors...
I love the throat hues
on these...
💜💜💜💜
Leaving you on this beautiful sunny
day with
Hugs, and good thoughts,
Julierose
La Blageuse
(so-happy-to-be-sewing-euse)




"Creativity takes courage"
ReplyDelete--Henri Matisse--
Your scrappy trips blocks are so pretty, Julierose! The white and red sections stand out to me, and tie everything else together. Beautiful flowers, too!
ReplyDeleteYou have accomplished so much! In the pcs the dark row doesn't stand out.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love how this is turning out with the red squares down the middle of each block. Very appealing~
ReplyDeleteYour Many Trips Around the World blocks are looking great. And your flowers are pretty. Hope your lilies make an appearance soon.
ReplyDeleteYour trip blocks are coming along well, looking good. Its always nice to see garden photos.
ReplyDeleteLove your Trippy blocks! It is great that you can do a bit of sewing like that now. Beautiful flowers, when things are a bit grey outside my window at the moment.
ReplyDeleteYour Trip Blocks are coming out great. I've been thinking about making these but I have too much going on right now. Love your flowers. Such beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteYour "Many Trips" blocks are wonderful! I'm glad they are growing on you because the quilt is going to be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese trippy blocks are looking super! I like how the white diagonal forms those diamonds, adding more interest!
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is looking great and love all the photo's of the gardens.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be a gorgeous quilt, Julierose. I've always had that pattern on my wanna do list.
ReplyDeleteI think the trip blocks are looking good! The red adds interest. Most of my flowers are lat this year; I'm still having peonies blooming, but that's OK!
ReplyDeleteMany Trips is coming along beautifully and looking so good!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely colour from the rhododendron and iris, I love the little touch of soft brown in the centre of the iris.
Trips blocks are looking great! Makes me want to go start sewing strips together for my own version.
ReplyDeleteI can see why that quilt is 'growing' on you - the blocks, as individuals, aren't terribly exciting but once you see them put together they look fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI’m really liking those scrappy trip blocks, too. Your irises are gorgeous. I dug up most of mine over the last 2-3 years and was disappointed (with myself) this year at the few we have left. Time to visit the Salt Lake Iris club (well, in July) and perhaps pick up a few more interesting rhizomes. BTW, it’s good to heat your up and about again!
ReplyDelete