June Fabric Journal page finish...
I am calling it
"Tattered Heart"
Here I've added
the little silk heart that
gifted me in her
bits n' bobs
happy mail for
my project.
Thanks so much Lizzy;))
💗
french knotted center
and then
couched and beaded the
tattered heart...
Along both sides, I sewed
my version of
"Falling Stars"
and more french knots...
The whole piece is kantha
and seed stitched.
I now have to sew it onto the muslin
page for my book...
********************
Twenty blocks of Many Trips
are finished!
I've decided that this will be
big enough (with added borders)
to be a decent lap quilt;
and I don't think I can handle
anything larger...
Next: sew them together...
in blocks of four I think...
not long rows...
************************
I still have lots of strips left as
I had cut enough for 30 blocks, plus
tons of other jelly rolls to be used up!!!
and with that in mind.....
I saw this on klein meisje site
under "Jack and Jill"
which uses 2.5" squares and
strips that i thought I may
try next
↓↓↓↓
I really need to use up all my jellies...
Isn't this a neat pattern?
Also Cathy at (click)
made one of these that is
just lovely...
For the solid in this I have a variegated
roll of turquoises that might work out...
Stay Tuned...;)))
***********************
Tonight's dinner will be
my meatloaf,
boiled new potatoes
and applesauce...
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(still-sewing-euse)






"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working"
ReplyDelete--Picasso--
That heart is so pretty! Oh, it's all pretty!
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely bits and bobs on your Tattered Heart.
ReplyDeleteI love your "Trips" blocks, and the new project looks interesting.
The heart is beautiful! So delicate. Love the Trip blocks. You'll get a nice sized quilt with the blocks you've made.
ReplyDeleteYour tattered heart is, I think, my favourite (at least so far!). And I really do like Many Trips too....didn't think I would but now it's put together so I can see the end results I like it.
ReplyDeleteYour tattered heart is so pretty. Love all the detailed stitching and the addition of the flowery embellishments and beads is perfect. Lots and lots of happy, scrappy squares to be seen in your Many Trips. The new quilt looks fun too.
ReplyDeleteMy comment disappeared? I just was saying how lovely both projects are. The Heart page is exquisite. If my previous comment turns up, delete this one pls.
ReplyDeleteOh, your tattered heart is wonderful. My goodness. It kind of makes me want to go grab one of my crazy quilting UFOs. "kind of"...
ReplyDeleteI think your trip looks like it was planned with the same color centers and all. And it looks like you had a great trip!
Have fun with Jack and Jill!
Love your heart. And the trip quilt so pretty.what time is dinner I will bring dessert.is apple pie ok lol
ReplyDeleteYour June tattered heart is SO pretty!!
ReplyDeleteTattered Heart is wonderful! I love seeing projects like this - so far from my comfort zone, but really inspiring!
ReplyDeleteTattered Heart is a delight - congratulations on such a beautiful piece. I see that Many Trips is growing nicely and look forward to making a start with Jack and Jill, Ive just seen that on Cathy's post.
ReplyDeleteI just love your tattered heart and thanks for the close ups of the those features you so creatively included. Also love how your scrappy quilts are progressing. Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteOh my, tattered heart is both beautiful and heartbreaking. So much meaning infused in a small little piece. We quilters do that, don't we? Stitch ourselves into our work. Lots of love and hugs!!!
ReplyDeletegreat journal page! love all the details.
ReplyDeleteLove your journal page, it's sew elegant. The many trips blocks you've made will make a nice size quilt. I like the looks of the Jack and Jill pattern, too. Nice that you already have blocks to start it.
ReplyDelete