About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, June 23, 2023

FRIDAY FLOWERS, et al

 
My belated birthday present
from Jeff, Lin, and
the girls--
isn't it just gorgeous?

I thought it was a mini petunia--
but, as you can see, it
 is a 
"Calibrachoa".
It requires full sun for at least
6 hours a day and plenty
of water;
but no dead-heading is
necessary!!

Here is the tag in my
Altered Book Junk Journal

I drew at little mushroom for company
and then added some cut out mag pieces...

I put the care tag on this page
so I can remember what it is...

Here is a close up of these lovely blooms.

***************************
In other sewing news..

I have finished my 12 
scrappy Log Cabins:
They are just put up on the
order I finished them--
willy-nilly--; 
and
most likely I will want
 to re-arrange them...

*******************
Here are the Pavement blocks
I've finished so far:
↶↶↶↶
I am liking that "spark"
of yellow in there so far...
I cut more yellow, darker pink,
and green blocks and
triangle corners this
morning. 
These will be my
weekend sewing...

***********************
Tonight our dinner will be my
Chicken and Rice casserole
which is all prepared and ready
to go into the oven at 4 pm for a 
5:30-ish meal...
YAY
No 4'oclock prep!!
😇

I wish you a happy weekend 
from under
our partly cloudy skies
and growing humidity...

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(sewing-happily-euse)









11 comments:

  1. I am reading:
    "Devices and Desires" by P.D. James--one of my very favorite authors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calibrachoa is a pretty plant - a perfect birthday gift! I love the look of your log cabins set on point. And those pavement blocks, too. They're making a neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It surely is starting to feel more humid. Your flowers are beautiful. I love you included the tag into your journal. Your projects are coming together very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calibrachoa definitely takes a lot of water because 2 in my big pots have died.
    I'm going to replace one with a new plant I picked up today.
    Your projects are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely big bushy plant, such a nice gift. I like to get my meals prepared just after lunch, all ready for cooking later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blue flowering plant is beautiful! I thought these were mini petunias too. Don't you love the name! I see the bumble bee at the flower center/ petals.

    Love your projects. I am interested esp in the skewed Courthouse bloocks bec I want to make a certain TQC string quilt that features these blocks. But she makes the blocks straight and recuts. Your way seems more doable. I must goo back and reread your posts.

    Your dinner sounds delish! I made--w leftovers for fast meals or picnics [hahahaha, dense fog], chicken cutlets, pork cutlets/ red cabbage sweet slaw/ light rice pilaf [no heavy olive oil or beef broth, more saffron-y]/ quick steamed, marinated asparagus. The fog and thunderstorms may make this a quiet no guest weekend?

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I emailed the TQC pic to you directly as I couldn't paste it here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skewed Log Cabin blocks and the colors in your pavement blocks are SO appealing! We do chicken and rice as well - good for dinner and lunch and sometimes dinner again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers! I especially love the yellow in those pavement blocks, so I am happy you are going to add more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely birthday present to enjoy for the whole summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a perfect birthday gift! I don't think I've seen that plant before and it's wonderful that it doesnt' require deadheading - something that is my downfall when it comes to petunias. I wonder if the hummingbirds will appreciate them too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.