About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, June 11, 2023

SUNDAY SEWING---SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN

 
When Tom unearthed the extra
charms, I thought I would try out
"strip inserting" after seeing
Beth Shibley's 
Youtube video
detailing her method. 
[find her at
"My Sewing Room" ]


So, I pulled out the few
leftover browns and yellows,
for an Autumnal look,
and cut a leftover multi-
colored fabric into 
one inch strips...

This is my "practice piece".
I will be adding borders to make
it into a table topper --
hoping to find leftover jelly
roll strips for that.

[Continuing in my 
"Use it up or
donate it" mode]
✌šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘
Meanwhile, I found quite a
few unearthed blue 
toned charms that
I really liked.
So.... I cut a 
very old batik fabric into
one inchers and I will
make a larger piece 
using those throughout...
↴↴↴↴
Here they are all pre-cut &stacked up--
ready to be sewn at my leisure
this coming week.
[You can just see the insert strips 
behind them.]

I am looking
forward to putting this one
together as there are at least
four of each pattern--
which is perfect if I want to 
put the same fabric 
into focus in the strip-outlined
square as above.
**********************
Sunday supper will be:
Tom's family favorite homemade
spaghetti sauce...yummy--
along with crusty garlic bread...

Enjoy your Sunday
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(learning-new-tricks-for
this old-dog-euse)




 




11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your book suggestions--I really appreciate them...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds yummy! I'm thinking chicken masala since I have not had it in a while and I have chicken and mushrooms that need using. That is a neat way to insert the middles. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun! And we may have rainy days early in the week for sewing days. Yay.

    Did you thin the marigolds. I did mine a little, replanted them in other smaller pots/ crocks. I hope they take and grow.


    The spaghetti sauce looks so yummy! Do you add meatballs sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun idea for quilt blocks! I like your colors in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 'found' fabrics (even though I don't think you were so thrilled when that box got opened). Of course you know I will love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoVe the strip insertion method. What you have done is fabulous. Those blue fabrics are beautiful. Thank you for the link to Beth Shibley....will have to pop over to her place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are interesting fabrics in your trial piece. That will be a fun block to play with in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun way to use scraps. I like it a lot and look forward to seeing how the blue blocks come together too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for a new-to-you process that intrigues you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just when you think you've FINALLY emptied that box or used up that been-around-forever print -- a tag end of it comes to the surface. Good for you for tackling it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your "use it up or donate" philosophy and your choices are fun. Yummy sauce, garlic bread, yum.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.