About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, July 30, 2023

MOON GARDEN STARS WORK

 
I spent the late morning and early
afternoon on our back deck 
and
began to hand quilt 
"Moon Garden Stars".

I haven't done much quilting 
around appliqued shapes;
but I decided to start with 
some simple echo lines
around the moon
which I want to 
stand out...

We had a storm last night that ushered in
cooler temperatures, and lower humidity--
so it was the perfect time to be
outdoors...
this was the first day in all
of the month of July here
where I felt like I could breathe
out of doors...!

Blue skies were filled with 
scudding, billowing,
white clouds and a 
little cooling breeze...
Just a beautiful day...
:)))))

Here is the 2nd row in progress
where I changed over to 
Wonderfil 
Perle Cotton No. 8 thread
--color 904-- 
from regular Gutterman quilting
thread which is my usual go-to.
I want the moon to stand out.
So,  I am doing
3 echo rows for the big
moon shape...making it 
puff out nicely...
 
I will stitch around all the 
other elements with
one row using this heavier
thread...
Then figure out what to fill in
the remaining background with...

I am only allowing myself to work 
on a few rows every couple of days
so that my hands don't get 
over tired...

It really felt so great to be
doing hand quilting --
so
totally 
relaxing...

I hope your Sunday has been
a good one...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{slow-stitching-euse}




6 comments:

  1. Began reading:
    "The Shaman Laughs" by James D. Doss [A Mystery...]
    Blurb from back cover:
    "On Native American land, in a lonely, mystical place called the Canyon of the Spirit....tribal policeman Charlie Moon fears for his world and his people..."

    James Doss is a favorite author of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the air always feels clearer in August, and we're almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting around your applique. That's exactly what I would do. Isn't the crisp dry air so nice?! I hope it lasts for awhile. Sick of that humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're wise to limit yourself on doing any one thing...something I really need to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hand quilting is looking great. I like the puffy look. And your weather sounds dreamy. We are still contending with 100-degree weather. It just saps my ambition. This week is supposed to be cooler, I hope for once that the weather reporter is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I love outline quilting for applique.

    Hope you're enjoying this cooler day, storms and hot weather return for the weekend!

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.