Helga's spot is all cleaned and waiting
for her return from her Spa Treatment.
So, no sewing going on here...
***********************
Here are some shots of my day lilies
just coming into flower:
and
They are so pretty and never fail each year...
This big daylily is about ready to
burst into bloom...
So full of buds...
I hope the deer can pass up this
dessert!!
And
Here are the marigolds I
started from seed...
Coming along nicely...
*******************************
I have been trying to get my room really
organized and cleaned up while Helga is
away....
And
I am trying to eat higher amounts of protein
at each meal which requires some
planning...
What are you up to these hot, humid days?
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{keeping-busy-euse}






I am re-reading:
ReplyDelete"The Moving Finger" by Agatha Christie
a Miss Marple Mystery (although she doesn't appear
until quite a way into the story)
Beautiful lilies!
ReplyDeleteAnd your mariiiigolds look good. Mine suddenlt filed ina nd are blooiming, they get going fast if well watered.
Helga is a lucky girl, off to the spa. Your care for your machine got me to at least clean and oil my machine. I should cover it tho for the summer.
I need to add more protein too esp in the summer when I tend to focus on fresh veggies, my fave.
Good reminders. Hope you're not in the coming thunderstorms path. No clouds here but blowing a clear storm, must be 30 mph, very humid.
Helga's spot sure looks lonely :) Your daylilies are so pretty! I'm super inspired to stitch sunflower and bee patterns for my new cabinet. Hope Helga returns soon.
ReplyDeleteDaylilies are so pretty and so easy-care too. We were heading for an appointment earlier in the week and noticed that the wild orange versions are prolific alongside the roads.
ReplyDeleteHope Helga soon returns all primped and polished.
Hope Helga returns from the Spa happy and ready to sew! Your flowers are beautiful. I suppose I need to venture into the sewing area and see what a mess I left 3 weeks ago. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI hope Helga comes home real soon! We just had a huge thunderstorm. So many roads were flooded as I was making my way home from my mother's house. I've been staying inside. I sew and read throughout the day. That's interspersed with cooking and cleaning! I feel busy most days whether it's hot or not. I'm thankful to stay indoors with the A/C cooling the house!
ReplyDeleteYou always have such pretty colored day lilies. I planted Marigolds in a planter too, so maybe we will both have blooms soon.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good plant to clean up and organize while Helga is gone. It is such an everlasting problem to have things that need to be put away.
Its winter time chilly over here, and we are currently away on a weekend caravan trip. Your machine will be purring like magic when she returns.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your day lilies are blooming even though you have deer. The deer ate every single bud on the day lilies, the Autumn Joy sedum, the hostas blossoms, the Starfire phlox, the rudbeckia, and even the Yucca flowers. All in one or two nights. There is one day lily left with buds because the poppy stalks had fallen over the day lily and the buds were hidden. I've sprayed deer repellent again and will hope to see at least this one plant bloom. It's time to downsize the garden as the weather, wildlife and my age have made it a chore, not a joy.
ReplyDeletePat
Hope you get to enjoy some of those daylilies before the deer!
ReplyDeleteA few of my daylilies have been budding this week, which was a bit silly of them as it will be frosty tonight.