As you can see above!!!
We have not had more than .03"
up to today...
Whoa--unfortunately we are having
a few little roof leaks in our tv room....
****************************
And, in honor of this very welcome rain
[except for the leaks, of course!],
I un-earthed my old applique
{very} long term project:
↴↴↴↴
Moon, Garden, Stars...
A Jan Patek pattern...
I am so in love πππwith this
project--why didn't I finish it?????Isn't that the burning question??
πππ
[Lizzy, I didn't forget this one ;)))]
Here is my version so far:
I laid it out to see what needs
to be done next...
The white cardboard templates indicate fabric to be
cut and turned before I can sew this one...
So<<<
Cross bars, kitty, house,
chimney, door, windows,
and our Eagle...
And
what fabrics will look best...
Luckily, [and unusually!},
I had put all my chosen fabrics
in the storage box along with the
instructions, too. For once,
I did the right thing!!
Let's see if I still like my
choices though!!
Quilting is so all about
DECISIONS!!
*************************
Pavement Blocks is all pin basted
and now I can set up Helga for
machine quilting...
I have 4 pieces to work on...
Just finished this morning...
**************************
Meanwhile it is still pouring down outside
Now: 3.86"
We may even get over 4" before this is over...
so far our cellar is dry...
Fingers crossed that it will stay that way...
I hope you are staying dry inside today if you
are having this deluge of rain...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(pondering-euse)
P.S. Over 4" right this minute!!
πΉπ




"Here's that rainy day I told you about..." songs for all occasions...;)))
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of rain! I hope you don't discover too many more leaks. How fun to get out an old project and discover that you really do love it! Looks like a pretty design!
ReplyDeleteYou're making progress on lots of fronts. That's a lot of rainall at once. We had no rain, while 25 miles east of us they had over 3" with flooded streets. And in the Hudson Valley roads washed away. Crazy weather.
ReplyDeletePat
Four inches at once is alot! Hope the roof leaks are too bad and you can get them repaired quickly. Moon Garden Stars looks like a fun project. I look forward to watching your progress.
ReplyDeleteI was just reading about the heavy rains and flooding in NY and that it was headed into your state. I hope you don't get too much rain. It will be nice to have green grass though.
ReplyDeleteI love this Jan Patek pattern. The fabrics you have chosen so far are terrific. I'll enjoy seeing your progress. That quite a bit of rain!!!
ReplyDeleteHope things stay dry inside.
Oh you unearthed a favorite of mine! btw you stopped bec of not liking needleturn applique, is my memory of this darling neglected sweetie. You'll have fun, a quiet sit and sew! Virtual porch/deck time w me and Baby Mo.
ReplyDeletelove
lizzy
Rain, rain go away, you certainly dont want roof leaks and flooding in the basement. The weather is being weird everywhere, right across the globe.
ReplyDeleteI hope you stay dry. At least you have plenty of sewing to keep you busy indoors.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness - 4" IS a deluge!!! Seems like everything goes to extremes these days. Hopefully the leaks aren't too serious and are easily (and cheaply) fixed.
ReplyDeleteYou got so much rain! I don't think we got a full inch. That's fine with me. We've had too much rain so far this year. I love your applique project! So glad you rediscovered it!! Stay dry!
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of rain! Lucky you have that cute little boat to jump into if necessary.
ReplyDelete