Here is the latest incarnation of
my "Moon Garden Stars"
applique effort:
Here's my story so far:
You see, pirates attacked my
little boat and stole away
Mr. Eagle and Miss Kitty!!!
[I tried to make the eagle 4 times,
and the kitty 3 times--
ENOUGH ALREADY!!]
SO.....
that's my story and I
am sticking with it!!
๐๐๐
Instead my serene scene, now
includes a lovely moon
sailing across the sky...
Those are pretty rough waters out there--
and the little cabin is tilting a bit,
as my moon boat makes its
way through the rough seas..
I need to applique two more stars (R side)
and Mr. Moon and the cross bars..
But...
S I G H ...
I sewed the ENTIRE cabin down today
and the chimney
and
one star--
AND
uh,
I strained my neck in so doing
and
now I am recovering from a
migraine!!
Luckily I
caught it in time to
ward off a really bad one
with:
A cup of strong coffee, Aleve,
and a Zyrtec
along with a nap in my
darkened room
has helped me a lot...
I have been sewing
leaning over my dining table
and straining to see where to
stitch.
I think I will have to use my clip-on
magnifier to finish this up...
But I am enjoying
the applique process a lot
more than I thought I would.
Next up--trying needle turn...
๐
๐
************************
Guess who's back home
(back in her place with a
nice shiney face);)))
Helga will be set up for machine
quilting tomorrow
(those 3 table toppers
and the one Christmas wall hanging).
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(still-learning-after-all-these-years)


Isn't it difficult to slow yourself down when you
ReplyDeleteget excited about a project???? I certainly think so...
Resting tomorrow...Hugs, Julierose
I'm glad you caught that migraine before it got too bad. I love your applique! It's looking great! Let me know how you like needle turn. I've tried it and just can't do it!
ReplyDeletePirate attack is much better than falling overboard! So sorry about the migraine - we can't seem to stop ourselves when we're doing something we love and then we sometimes suffer for it (sez I, as I spent almost the entire day yesterday making hexxies and then went to bed wondering why my thumbs were so sore). And welcome home Helga!!
ReplyDeleteYour little ship is darling! So "you"! I love it, I love its story. And you will love needleturn too. I do a mix, mostly needleturn but pre pressed edges [around freezer paper for me] for large pieces.
ReplyDeleteWe had morning showers and it's humid, no wonder you're having migraines. I woke up w severe lower back pain, am hoping the pain pills work bec I do have a lot of little stuff planned. Have a good easy day!
lizzy
Welcome home, Helga! And in addition to your magnifiers, you might want to pick up one of the around-the-neck or head lamps so you don't have to strain your eyes so hard. (or maybe a portable OTT lamp).
ReplyDeleteOh dear, you've been so excited with your new project that you overdid it and ended up needing to slow down and recover! That's not good. Better watch out for those pirates.
ReplyDeleteYour applique looks terrific. Sorry about the eagle and cat, so frustrating. While you were in the darkened room trying to get some relief . . . I bet you were planning what to do next with your sewing machine, so glad it's back. I do needle turn applique. It's what works for me.
ReplyDeleteI don't see that an eagle or cat would add anything to the applique because it's pretty cute just as it is.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see your machine is back. Happy quilting!
Hurray for Helga coming home and being ready to rumble. Hope your recovery from the migraine was quick and that you, too, are ready to roll. Your applique is lovely. I'm not very successful at applique, but, I have so many other projects, I keep manage to keep busy.
ReplyDeletePat
This is just the greatest block! Very fun. Your fabrics and the applique pieces are charming. So sorry you've had rough seas in the making of the block, and even sorrier that you've had to fend off a migraine. Ugh! Too bad the pirates couldn't have stolen that away instead of Mr. Eagle and Miss Kitty.
ReplyDeletePleased you've gone with the Moon! Your house sits beautifully, perfect fabrics used. Not so good having a strain and a migraine, I find leaning over my cutting table to pin causes me problems with back and neck. Happy machine quilting with Helga.
ReplyDeleteThe owl and the pussycat come to mind, though your ship is not pea-green.....Sorry about the strain and the headache! I keep putting off taking my machine in for cleaning. Glad Helga is back in action.
ReplyDeleteI love your 'story' and think your block is still going to be pretty. I'm glad your migraine didn't get too bad. I'm sure Helga is as happy to be home as you are to have her.
ReplyDelete