About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, February 26, 2024

NEXT , et al

 

Can you believe I actually did
a fabric pull for my next little project???
These will be for my Summer
 wall hanging......
nice, hot colors...;)))

Here is the first block that I began yesterday
the background looks gray but it is a deep
blue color [mimicking the sky in my mind].

Here I have made all four blocks and 
laid it out ready to be sewn 
together tomorrow...
These reds look like Summer to me--
perhaps a really hot, steamy day
in August..

The sashing is a gray/blue...

I really like any "fan" patterns and haven't
made any in such a long while.

Mom and I made a huge Grandmother's
Fan quilt for my first cousin, Jeannette,
long ago. 
We called  it "Chez Nous";)))
and used all vintage-looking florals... 

Since then, I 
haven't made another...

Jeannette has gone from us 
[way too early]
quite a while now
and I do wonder what 
has happened 
to this quilt...

Do you ever wonder where 
your gifted quilts
end up?
So much work and love and
good wishes that we put into them...
I often think about them...
and have to
 wonder????

***********************************
Look what PICOTEE did 
overnight.....
💓💖💝

It sent out another beautiful blossom...
they are opening up even more--
saucer like...
with more buds to come...
:)))

*******************************
After attempting to do my older PT
exercises yesterday, I feel very
sore today...I think
a nap is in my future this afternoon...

Hugs from a sunny shoreline
Julierose, La Blageuse
(still-sewing-euse)








15 comments:

  1. Reading: "The Dead of Jericho" by Colin Dexter
    An Inspector Morse Novel

    I have seen all the tv adaptations and loved them; but I must admit that the books are even better--at least I am finding them so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are lovely, Julerose! I've never made a fan block, but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Inspector Morse shows on TV, also the Endeavour series. I've never read any of the books yet. Your fan blocks do look reminiscent of a hot sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new project is fabulous! The Fans look like suns in a a late day in Summer...or flowers, like my zinnies or sunflowers. It's wonderful.

    Your amaryllis is so beautiful. I must find this variety for next year, I love it. My ''blue'' amaryllis has a couple b [Thought it might be whit, never blue--red is a surprise tho.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picotee is looking marvelous! The stem looks like it has greened up nicely now that it is in the light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're sewing up a storm!
    I rarely wonder about what happens to things I made but since I've been undertaking a 'clean up' of old blog posts links I've come across things I had forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fan blocks. The blue shows up better in that last picture. It looks so nice. I have wondered what happens to some of my gifted quilts. My Uncle Charlie died and the patriotic quit I gave him with a blue star in the window was no where to be seen. The blue star is what people put in their window when a member of the family was serving in the armed forces. My grandmother displayed 2 blue stars during WWII. Uncle Charlie was very active with anything veteran related and was buried in a Veteran's Cemetery. I know he wouldn't have gotten rid of the quilt so I suspect my cousin's boyfriend pawned it somewhere. He was living with Uncle Charlie when he was ill. What I hope is that Uncle Charlie gifted it to a friend when he knew he was dying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty summer colors. I want to make a fan quilt this year too.

    Yes I wonder about some of my gifted quilts too, especially the ones that I never even got an acknowledgement for, let alone a thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fan blocks are lovely. I've never made any. They're on my to-do list, but the list is really long... I try not to think about the quits I gave away. I hope they are used and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We enjoyed all the Inspector Morse episodes, and I always think back to my dad who was a big fan (of the books, too). The new project looks like an abstract zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This project seemed to come together so fast! The fabrics are gorgeous and look hand dyed. I do wonder about the quilt I gave away. I'm hoping they're still appreciated and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors! They definitely have a look of summer about them. I've never made fans. The closest I've come are Dresden Plate blocks
    Yes, I do wonder whatever happened to quilts or other handmade items, sometimes I wonder about other gifts, too.
    I hope you had a great nap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such gorgeous fabrics that you are working with , Julierose. I wish you a very lovely and productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I once read that a gift once given is no longer yours, and I've tried to accept that and not wonder what has happened the gift, whether a quilt or other item.

    I've never made and fan blocks or done any curved blocks. Yours look great.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.