About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 17, 2024

WINTER, BULBS, et al

 

Here is our front yard; it is still snowing lightly, though my 
camera didn't capture it...
27.4 degrees and feeling very Wintry!

***************************************
I ordered an "on sale" amaryillis
from amazon that, when blooming,
should look like this:
SO PRETTY AND DAINTY!!
But.........

THIS 
is what
came:
Y I K E S 

It look like the "ghost" of an
Amaryllis!! 
👻👀
Nonetheless, 
I've watered it gently with
lukewarm water--it had been left
[by amazon delivery]
on our front step in the snow!!!!!
👽👿👹

The stems are turning a slight pale green
 so
hoping it will be okay...

Have any of you bulb growers
seen anything like this before????

**************************************
Meanwhile my tulip bulbs are
growing a treat;))))
sending up green shoots...
I love seeing this green against
our snowy landscape...

*******************************
I don't have any sewing to report --
and just one row of crocheting....
Hands are taking a long time to
recuperate....

Hugs,
Julierose,
La Blageuse
(watching-snowfall-euse)









15 comments:

  1. Watching snow in Winter is so calming; like watching waves on the shore in the Summertime....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an albino amaryllis! I think it will be fine but it will certainly be interesting to see what happens.
    I've never tried forcing bulbs before so I'm hoping you will keep posting pictures of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That amaryllis is so interesting. I have lots of bulbs outside but none inside, yet. I was thinking I might need some crocus in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That white stem is so unusual, never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look a bit ghostly, do hope the bulb improves with your tender loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would look as white as a ghost, too, if I was left on your wintry front porch. =) How odd; though it looks as if colour is coming back to your amaryllis. Soon there will be bulbs popping up everywhere in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous amaryllis! I don't think I've ever seen one that color. I can't wait to see it in full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This deep snow was a real surprise, predicted was a "dusting"! And it's also icy.

    That amaryllis is lovely. I hope it recuperates, they are very hardy. I have had sprouted bulbs arrive but never GHOST bulbs, that s crazy.

    My tulips came frozen on the doorstep. Still just brown and moldy. I am going to change them into a vase like yours--last chance , guys!

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your amaryllis continues to green up (it probably should now that it is getting some light), and blooms for you! The picture of the flowers looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a very sad looking Amaryllis you received! Fingers crossed with tender love and care it will work out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your amaryllis looks like it's going to survive and hopefully bloom for you. And that photo from the package - a candidate for BB2 perhaps?? It's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen pale shoots on Amaryllis when they start growing inside the box and don't have light but this one is the palest I've ever seen. I'm sure now that is has a light source it will turn fully green.
    Your snow photo is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad your amaryllis is beginning to green up - hoping it blooms like the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An albino amaryllis? LOL.
    No snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've had the chilly temperatures but only snow flurries...nothing sticks :( Your yard looks pretty covered in the snow. I've never grown bulbs but your amaryllis looks interesting. It will be fun to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.