I have the main body of my "Flowering Snowballs" sewn together...
I just love the scattered bouquets strewn among the
snowball centers...
💗💝💜
Left to do is:
to add on the sides,
and top and bottom
borders which
will also be
all squares...
Then the final border fabric
which is always
the most difficult to
find for me....
Here are my
"Go Baby!"
die cut squares I have
precut:
I did have them all sorted by color, but
as I worked on the longer vertical strips
[18 squares in each vertical strip]
they got a bit messy!!:))))
I have found working with die cut squares
makes the job a lot easier--no weird
cuts to deal with!!
After joining the two rows of
three blocks each together--
(One block = 4 snowballs
sewn together with squares
-so
you can see that each row has
3 complete blocks )
I am taking a break...
😊😌😍
All this matching up went pretty well;
not all the seam joins are perfect,
but I am ok with that...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
{still-sewing-squares-euse}


Reading a new to me author:
ReplyDeleteMarty Wingate: "The Rhyme of the Magpie"
the 1st of a cute British cozy series...based on this old refrain..for counting magpies--
"One for sorrow, two for joy;
Three for a girl, four for a boy;
Five for silver, six for gold;
Seven for a secret, never to be told;
Eight for a wish, nine for a kiss;
Ten for a bird that's best to miss."
Your flowering snowball quilt is lovely. I like the fabric layout of snowball blocks.
ReplyDeleteI love the snowball fabric too. A larger print with lots of background gives you many surprises as you cut it up and all good surprises too.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt top looks great! Love how those flowers are poping out here and there. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteThe flowery snowballs are a delight! Perfect spring metaphor for this cold May day. Your design and work is beautiful. I think I need a diecuttter for squares, mine are always wonky.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you cooking on this grey day? I have salad and lemon ravioli planned but I feel like this is a hot stew or meatloaf kinda day. brrr.
love
lizzy
These are delightful, Julierose. I love that there is a border between each snowball and that the borders are made of squares. That works so well. Every one in a while I see a second snowball composed of those squares which adds additional interest.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty spring-like piece. It's snowing on my lilac blossoms here.
ReplyDeleteFickle spring~
That's looking pretty.
ReplyDeleteLOVE those snowballs. How you've scattered that gorgeous floral fabric is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! Love the snowball centers.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers peeking out in the snowballs are perfect, the fact that some of the snowballs have a large sprig and others just a little looks like they're scattered by the wind.
ReplyDeleteI echo everyone -- the pops of the flowers add to the charm!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Julierose! I am swooning over Flowering Snowballs. It is like a sweet garden and to see the little critters peeking from the blooms and foilage is a delight.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great piece! I love how you have used the snowball fabric, so every piece is different but at the same time they are all the same.
ReplyDeleteI love the scattered flower bouquets! It makes the quilt so interesting. You're making such great use of your scraps.
ReplyDeleteI really love this one!! The flowers peeping out of the snowballs add so much to the entire design. Yes, I do love it!!
ReplyDelete