About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, October 27, 2025

FINISHING PROJECTS JOURNEY, et al

 

 #1:   "Falling Leaves" is all quilted and ready to
be trimmed up and bound....

#2: This little Easter table topper is also all quilted 
and ready to be trimmed, etc....

#3:  Purple Ojos  is all quilted and
ready also (just machine stitching
on this one....) ready to be trimmed
and bound...

***********************
THEN....
Next, in line for machine quilting, are
the following 3 pieces-- folded to show
the backings and laid out on 
my ironing board:

No.1:  "Little Fans"

and

No. 2:  "Little Baskets"

and
[My less than wonderful !!]
No. #3: "Medallion SAL"

My first ever medallion-style quilt....
I still remain very ambivalent about
this one; but I put in the work
["blood, sweat and many tears!!"]
 and
I will finish it off as a reminder
of what stage I was in on my
first try.  ;))))

***********************
Tonight's meal will be a 
new-found treasure at
BJ's--a lovely
Chicken Pot Pie;)))
{in the oven--easy peasy!!}
 I will serve it with
boiled Idaho potatoes
(which I've peeled and cut up), 
and yellow corn.
Feels like a Fall meal...
😏😉😊😋😍

**************************
I have been resting my hands from handwork
and so, trying to get a handle on cleaning,
not only the sewing room, but also our house
before Winter sets in..
AND...
Tom is storing the outdoor deck furniture 
and
tying up our awning for Winter....
********************

Time marches on...faster and faster
it seems; every Friday we look at each
other and say: "Where did this week go?"

I hope your upcoming week is a good one...
we've gotten both Covid and flu shots--
done and dusted...

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(settling-in-for-Winter-euse)


 












12 comments:

  1. Reading the John Le Carre Omnibus: 3 of his first books:
    "Call For the Dead", "A Murder of Quality", and
    "The Spy who Came in From the Cold" a total of 577 pgs.
    This should keep me busy and happy as his writing is totally amazing...and i love spy novels...;))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll with the machine quilting! Lots of binding in your future.
    Yes, it is getting to be time to prepare for winter with the time change this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a great line-up of quilts that just need to be trimmed and bound. I love the backings you've chosen for the next three, especially that tulip print. I think your improv quilt looks great. I finally gave up on mine and didn't finish it. My heart just wasn't in it.
    I read a number of John Le Carre novels years ago, Smiley's People and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy etc. They were really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all of those very near finishes, Julierose. You are on a roll! I have to set aside a few days to do some deep cleaning as well. I agree, time is marching quite quickly! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful beautiful group of work! I adore the last one, have always loved it "Medallion"} and the first the Autumn Leaves is so wonderful for this time of year. All so great, and how fun to see years of work and accomplishment "come to fruition".

    Dinner sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that same way about each week - they fly by! We, too, are cleaning up the yard for winter and got our covid and flu shots. Checking off the to-do list! Your works in progress are each lovely, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great projects you're working on. I remember seeing them on your blog. You're so close to finishing them up. Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julierose, you have so many beautiful projects in the works. You are such an inspiration. Your medallion quilt is looking wonderful . The basket of blooms are just precious. I have been taking it slow and easy on tasks as well- just trying not to overwhelm myself or get too tired out. There are lots of chores to prepare for winter. I do hope your hand is doing well. Warm Hugs. P.S. chicken pot pie sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love visiting here to read about your projects, Julierose. I like how varied and interesting they are and of course, always appeal to me too. Great progress moving them along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the fans! And the medallion! Your projects always have such a comfortable (shabby chic) vibe. Pot pie sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you sure have a lot of projects to be quilted and/or bound! Way to go! Are they all for you or are some of them going to be gifts? We’ve got our flu and Covid shots a couple weeks ago. Neither of us had the slightest reactions or soreness from the shots. In fact, I never did even feel anything when the pharmacist gave me the Covid shot. He was good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy over the next while. Flu shots and covid shots are done here too and now have to look into getting the Resident Chef the one for RSV. I don't think they're offering it for free to my age group quite yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.