About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, October 21, 2025

MY READING LIST, et al

 

Here's my stack of books to be read...
Being an avid reader, I like to have
a nice stack ahead...
{click to enlarge if you wish}

And...
right now I am reading:
I think that this "44 Scotland Street" series
is so much fun...I will be ordering
the next two when my stack gets
too low...😊😂

*****************************
Here is the finished 5th page 
of my 60th Anniversary Fabric Journal:
[I am going to have find a good 
title for this:  perhaps--- 
"Through The Years?"]
The crocheted lacey bit across the bottom
is a piece left over from 
my Grand-mere's
work that I coffee dyed...
I am finally happy with 
how this
came out..
representing our home 
in the Berkshires;)))

***********************
A N D...
This is what's going into the oven
this morning:

All the leftover bread crusts and stale
hot dog/hamburg rolls all chopped up,
[I hate food waste of any kind!!]
sprinkled with olive oil and spices.

These will go into a 250 degree 
oven for one hour to crisp up;
 then cool completely
before I store them in jars to be
used on our salads...
Y  U  M  !!!!!

*************************
We do have a little bit of color
from our one little maple tree
in the back off our deck:
I really just love that reddish-pinky color and would love to find
fabric in those variegated colors..... 

****************************
This morning after my 25 minute treadmill
walk, I sat down and finished Kantha 
stitching the 9 patches on my
"Dark Days" piece....
Now for the yo-yo's and little florets...

It is coming along....

We are enjoying a beautiful Autumn day here
with a 60 degree temp and sunny skies...
💛I do love Fall...💛
😎😍

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(hand-stitching-&-reading-away-euse)










19 comments:

  1. Lovely days to be savored....tempus fugit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "The Life and Times of Tom and Julierose"?
    Page 5 is very evocative. This will be charming when completed.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Miss Pat. I was able to sew the 1st four into their signature...so moving on now...

      Delete
  3. Your projects are so beautiful, so personal. And--a half hour on treadmill, wow. That's great, good for you. And book stack, I always love t see what friends are reading. I too like a ''stack'', now a list on my Kindle. I gave up on the library bec they only allowed 3 books at a time and per week. [and the ladies were snotty and rude too, but that's another story.].
    enjoy this day, love your rosy red tree.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lizzy--sorry about not answering blogger didn't send me notices--hopefully I've fixed that now...

      Delete
  4. I like to have a stack of books ready to go, too, and love seeing what you've got there! I haven't read an Alexander McCall Smith in a long time - will have to check out that series. Great idea to make croutons from your leftover bread. I often feed ours to the squirrels! Lovely page for your anniversary book, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!!:)) sorry about late ans. blogger did me in again!!

      Delete
  5. Your projects are coming along great. I love the books you'll be reading. I'm sure your homemade croutons will be delicious in salads. The trees look so pretty right now. I hate it when the leaves turn brown. The temp was perfect today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fabulous to have a stack of books ready to get lost in. I have a stack waiting, too. The 5th page is lovely. The soft and muted shades are serene. Maple trees morph into the prettiest autumnal shades. Such a pretty outlook you have. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful projects, Julierose! I love your 5th page as well as the Dark Days, so pretty. Beautiful fall colors in your garden. Not much of that here. However, a neighbor has a poinsettia tree which we admire these days. Enjoy reading your books. I can't imagine a life without reading. Great idea with leftover food. I hate food waste too, it's way too much of it here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Astrid, sorry about the late ans. blogger didn't notify me yet AGAIN!! Hopefully fixed now...

      Delete
  8. I love that reddish-pinky color of the leaves too. Only a few trees have it around here. The Kantha stitching is a good addition to your border piece.
    Enjoy the 60s, we're in the 50s and possible frost a couple nights this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wanda--sorry about the late ans--didn't get any notifications from blogger...had to go in and re-set again!! Very annoying...

      Delete
  9. What an interesting reading pile you have! I enjoy AM-S books too, but particularly the African ones. In fact, many years ago, I knew his dad, who lived close to the church where I was a bell ringer, and who joined us to try it out briefly. I lovely family. Love the progress on your fabric book and your runner - inspiring projects, as ever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Plum for your lovely comment;))) sorry about answering late--no notifications from blogger, had to re-set yet again!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fall is looking good! I read "London Particular" this summer. I hope you'll share what you think about it when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Dark Days is shaping up nicely - I really (!) like this latest long narrow panel a lot. I will check that Bertie Project book series - I tried to get into his Ladies Detective Agency series but it never quite caught on with me. Maybe this one will? Enjoy your beautiful weather - we have finally started dipping into the high 40s at night meaning I can pull out my sweatshirts and wear them early morning and evening (still need. shorter sleeves during the daytime).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice stack of books, Julierose. I've never heard of the 44 Scotland Street but will check it out. Your journal page is looking great! I love that you used a crocheted piece from your grandmother. The color in your maple tree is so pretty. We are enjoying nice fall days here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must admit I smiled when I saw your stack of books. If you could only see beneath our bed - there are four large totes under there chuck full of books we have yet to read.
    I love that you used some of your grandmother's lace in your book. I treasure the bits I still have of some my maternal grandmother made. She used to knit lace to trim pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.