About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, October 30, 2025

OFF WITH HER FOOT!!, et al

 

After finishing the quilting on Little Baskets
I took Helga's foot off--YAY!!

I now have 4 small pieces all quilted
and ready to be bound:
Little Fans

Little Baskets

Easter Quilt

AND
Maple Leaf.

And below are
the last two I put aside to be hand quilted
in the New Year after I've finished
"Sunrise, Sunset" hand quilting 
↧↧↧↧
Purple Ojos
and
Medallion SAL

********************************
On the "Dark Days" SAL front:
I've finished all the Kantha quilting and
now have to decide which side to add this
long strip to:

Here is on the Left:??? 
and here it is on the right side ????
[which I favor right now...]
↧↧↧↧
And now this feels like it will still
need M O R E panels added to it...
There are two more months 
left for prompts...
so I will see what K3N  
(on youTube)
has in store for us...

For now, I will be hand sewing the 
panel onto the main piece....

Hugs on this rainy day,
Julierose, 
La blageuse
(binding-euse)
















12 comments:

  1. Reading "This Side of Murder" by Anna Lee Huber
    excellent story and writing...;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hand stitching of any kind on a rainy day. Congratulations on finishing the quilting on FOUR projects. You are on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so smart of you to quilt several things at once, and get that chore out of the way! Now you'll have the satisfaction of several finishes to share, too. I like the long panel on the right side of Dark Days - did you decide to sew it on there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting your projects done so fast! As my dad used to say, you're cooking with gas!! I like that piece on the right side too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the border looks best on the right too.
    You have a lot of binding and finishes in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Helga, her foot. And she performed so nicely.
    Your projects are so pretty! All the seasons of the year beautifully captured.
    Dark Days is evolving, I do love it. But can see why you go hot then cold, it seems very challenging. 
    Hope all is well, the wind is over, the rain is just misting. Let me know all is well. I call this storm Ghost of H Sandy, 13 unlucky years ago.

    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like where Dark Days is going, Julierose. It is looking wonderful. I just love seeing your creative process in the works. Oh those , sweet baskets- I do need to make another basket quilt . You have lots of pretties in the works that is for sure. Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve been busy using your fabrics, scraps, and quilting. So fun to see the progress photos, too. I’m glad you are safely through the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How grand that you have four small quilts quilted and ready to finish as time/energy allows. As to Dark Days, I favor the right but I would also wait to attach it until you've decided how (or if) to add any additional panels and you see how they fit with what you have already done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you've been somewhat on the fence about Dark Days but I really like it and am looking forward to seeing what you might add with the next prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful array you have, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.