Are you a book person? Above is my collection
of favorite books that I've read and
re-read...;))))
(you can see titles if you click to enlarge.)
Of course this does not include my
DNF's or books that I consider MEH!!!
{You can see "Rochelle, Rochelle" our
Roomba on guard in front... ;))) }
And oh, yes, other bookcases:
This tall one holds all my quilting and
craft books and binders with all those
pages I've saved through the years from
the quilting mags I used to subscribe to...
and also some finished journals
on the top shelf..
And, yes more still....
this smaller bookcase that
I have just cleaned out
holds:
Crafting books, books on embroidery and books that
I will use to make journals, some DMC threads
and,
[I see, a small rolled up quilt!! How did that get
stashed there???]
On its top resides 3 of my six drawer
units and various
finished journals on display....
And last but certainly not least,
Here is my small collection of
hard cover Agatha Christies
that I am slowly amassing.
I started by adding one on my birthday yearly...
My other Agathas are in paperback form in my big
bookcase...(top photo)..
There are many other books scattered about our home
on tables, chairs, in corners etc etc....
My cookbooks are on a shelf in the laundry room
for example and on some kitchen shelves...
This is definitely a "bookish" household...
πππππππππ
***************************
I've finished the next panel on my
"Sentimental Scroll"
Mainly showcasing my Grand-mere's crochet piece...
and attached to the scroll now...
Sitting right next to the lovely tulip....
I am in the planning stages for the next two
sections...then i think it will be
pretty much completed except for the
piece sewed onto the bobbin and the closure...
FYI:
Helga has returned home after
her spa treatment and is
in fine form....anxious
to begin sewing...
Stay safe if you will be in the path of
this humungous storm bearing
down upon us Sunday....
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(reading-planning-inside-for-sure-euse)







Reading "The Singing Sands" by Josephine Tey
ReplyDeleteYes, definitely a book person here. And I love to see other peoples' books too. How special to have your Grand-Mere's crochet piece and to use it so prettily, Julie Rose. I love it.
ReplyDeleteWe are a bookish household as well. You have a nice collection, Julierose. The new panel in your sentimental journal is so sweet. You have some nice projects to keep you busy through the storm. I hope the weather isn't bad for you.
ReplyDeleteOur house is filled with books too. We won't get into the fact that we put our bed up on risers so we can store bins of books we haven't read beneath it AND the fact that I go to the library at least twice a week to pick up more. The RC is a huge reader and I would be too if I didn't want to spend so much time playing in my sewing room.
ReplyDeleteAh, yes - we are also a bookish household. One unit for young man's books, another for my quilt/journal inspiration books, two or three in younger son's room, DH's bookshelf for his wood-related books, and more. Books rock!
ReplyDeleteI have book shelves in every room - just love my books. I just started The Hike by LucyClarke - a new to me author.
ReplyDeleteYes, this is a bookish household as well. Most of my books are quilting and gardening related. I get the bulk of my novels and popular non-fiction from the library. My late husband collected a wide range of topics, but principally books on American political campaigns, biographies of past Presidents and books related to collecting American political campaign memorabilia. I'm trying to disburse most of his collections, but it's time-consuming. Many of the books are older editions and the library doesn't want them for their book sale. Oh, there are a large number of Agatha Christie, Mignon Eberhart and James Michener titles.
ReplyDeleteWe expect snow and frigid temps, but they can't seem to decide on how much snow. So I'm prepared to be snowed in as long as I can get to my cataract surgery on Wed.
Pat
Lots of books at our house, too! And a Roomba - we call him the little dude. Your scroll is delightful! So many fun details to look at. Glad to hear Helga is back, too!
ReplyDeleteI need to start back reading actual books instead of audio's again. I have bookcases in my house - one for cookbooks in the dining room. One for crafts and reading books in the sewing room and of course the night stands in the bedroom. I think having actual books and DVD/VHS will be coming back in style as the price of streaming continues to rise... Stay warm and hope the power stays on.
ReplyDeleteWonderful book collection, useful, used/ read/ loved. My ex husband thought books = clutter, how sad---and at one point I got rid of all my books except a few favorite quilt books and my nature guide collection [begun age 6]. Of all my destashing, I most miss my books and my NA ''pawn'' jewelry. My brother's newest house has an entire room ''library'', all walls are shelves. I think he has every N Geographic since he was ten, lol.
ReplyDeleteYour A Christie collection is lovely.
Hope it's warmish and this storm fizzles out? Stay safe, stay home.
Lots of bookcases full of books here too! Gardening, genealogy, crafts, Irish history, mysteries, children's old books, herbals and even a set of old Encyclopedia Brittanica that broke our bank when we purchased the set oh so long ago. BTW, love that scroll!
ReplyDeleteI love books too and have purchased special books that I wish to keep. Then I am a regular library user, getting my novels which I devour, then return. I can't live without something to read!
ReplyDeleteYour panels are coming out great! I love seeing your progress. I am definitely a book lover. However, my bookcase is completely full. I've taken advantage of ebooks. I prefer real books but it's great since I can borrow them from the library and return them without leaving my house. I wish I had a Roomba. Do you like yours?
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine life without books, and mine are scattered about the house.
ReplyDeleteI'm a librarian who married a librarian (who then became a pastor). Are there books in the house? Need you ask? LOL. "I do not collect books. Rather, I have books, just as one has air to breathe."
ReplyDeleteWe read many of the same authors, especially Mary Oliver.
ReplyDeleteLove your book shelves! I'm a book person and I can't imagine a home without books, not even people who don't read books. I read every day, mostly in the evening. I worked 20 years in the bookstore (office). Currently reading Les Miserables, Victor Hugo.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your book collection. I adore books especially historical, children's educational books and of course craft books. It is so lovely to see your Grandmere's crocheted piece. What a treasure. Hugs and Blessings.
ReplyDelete