The beginning....of my
amaryllis story....
and overnight ...this...aaaahhh
and almost there.....ooohhh...
fully opened...
There are two more buds to
open on this stalk--
and another stalk has emerged..
Just so lovely....💚💗
***********************
And speaking of blooming...
here is the next panel in
my "Sentimental Scroll" basted
but not
as yet embellished...
The large tulip upholstery fabric is a piece leftover
from my Mom's pillows
which resided in
our living room when
I was growing up...
The other part of that fabric
I used to make the soft
spine on my new Paper Journal to
be used for "Caroline on the Hillside's "
52 weekly prompts for 2026:
This will be my paper crafting
Junque Journal;
below is a shot of that
soft spine
I love how it looks and feels....
;)))))
an here below--
are the six paper signatures
I sewed into it...
↧↧↧
Each one has 5 different papers folded in half in it.
I am storing it on my shelf unit
right above my little crafting desk...
along with my hand sewing
necessities....
↡↡↡↡
It sits right next to my Trader Joes Pita
Crackers Box Junque Journal that I work in
on an (almost) daily basis...I have one
more signature to fill in this 2nd
Pita Box Journal--I began it in 2023
and i have saved 3 more boxes
to continue these daily volumes...
***************************
That is how I am set up for 2026
so far...for hand sewing and
paper crafting...
I hope you are all enjoying this little
vacation time before the Monday work week
comes around...for those of you
still working out there...;)))
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(prepping-for-crafting-in-2026-euse)









Re-reading "The Remorseful day" the Inspector Morse series final mystery novel by Colin Dexter..
ReplyDeleteMy gifted amaryllis is blooming and has the same beautiful colors as yours. That new 52 week journal is going to be a fun one to watch.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous amaryllis! The colors are beautiful. I'm in awe of your paper journaling. I don't think I could ever do anything like that. I love seeing yours!
ReplyDeleteYour amaryllis is just beautiful, Julierose! What a treat for winter. Your scroll is coming right along - it's fun to see what you're adding to it. Have a lovely crafty day!
ReplyDeleteYou make such beautiful unusual projects. And glorious flowers already in bloom.
ReplyDeleteOoh.....that amaryllis is gorgeous! I love that you are incorporating a fabric from your childhood into the Sentimental Scroll. My goodness, it is ancient....but oh so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe amaryllis is stunning. What fun your paper journal will be. It's super cute.
ReplyDeleteWow! What beautiful blooms - you've really done well to keep it so well so that it is so happy! I really love your papercrafting too - clever you to be all set up so early in the year! But what has really stolen my heart is your scroll project where you are placing your treasured scraps so beautifully! What a lovely way to honour them and make them into a thing of beauty! All good wishes for 2026 - I look forward to seeing more of your projects! x
ReplyDeleteLovely amaryllis. I didn't get a new one this year and my two old ones are still resting in the basement. They didn't get retired until late September and are still resting. I'll check on them soon, though.
ReplyDeletePat
I love how fast the Amaryllis blooms open once they get to that stage. My Amaryllis from my sister-in-law just has the first bud stalk starting. I got it the 3rd week of November so it is taking its time.
ReplyDeleteThe amaryllis is stunning, Julierose. The colors are so pretty. I enjoy seeing all of your journal posts. You are well organized for 2026!
ReplyDeleteYour amaryllis is lovely. Mine is not as far along a yours. I put it in the adjoining bedroom from my kitchen/sitting room because it is warmer. It gets taller every day. It is such a satisfying treat to watch something grow in the middle of winter. Your new journal is great. I've got to try and make one of these. I just got some hand dyed fabric that I am anxious to make into something. Thanks for mentioning Caroline of the Hillside's. I need something new to watch.
ReplyDeleteYour amaryllis is looking so beautiful! I am excited to see that there appears to be two stalks growing on the one I was gifted but it's going to be awhile yet before it blooms.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower! Love the addition of the doilies to your fabric piece.
ReplyDelete