Here are the four latest 16-patch blocks
made with my leftover 30's jelly roll strips...
that I sewed together this morning...
I have two more full length strata--in this group
of 30's leftovers...
So there will be 4 more blocks to come...
As I can get 2 blocks from each 2 strips
sewn together...
to think of what I would pay today for these 10 JR's!!
I figure at today's prices around some $500.00!!!!
(Fabric prices in general have risen and are still rising!!)
SO....
I want to shop my stash this year...if I can
stop being tempted by all these beauties that
keep on coming out!!
👹👽👿
***********************
Here is the next to last panel finished
on my Sentimental Scroll:
I added kantha stitching and 4 little fabric roses
Two on either side...
And i am now ready to attach it to the scroll with this
lace piece...
One more panel to go and a closure...
*******************************
We are all set with our newly installed
thermostat:
Here is where Tom has been for almost
24 hours now--programming the thing!!!
"My Sweet Babu" has gotten it all set
for us...he is so good at
all this electronic stuff...
💋💏💓
******************************
Since this is the start of February I will include
a shot of my first two Junque Journal pages
in my Trader Joe's Pita Cracker box
for the month:
This photo is a picture of my Mom when little;
and on this page at an even younger age
She and I have always worn bangs
;))))));
that is her Aunt Marie holding her...
{click to enlarge}
I hope you are all staying warm during these
cold cold days and able to do some
fun sewing...
hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(still-sewing-and-crafting-euse)
...









Reading "Penny For Your Secrets" by Anna Lee Huber....
ReplyDeleteFabric prices have gotten ridiculous. You have some pretty fabrics to choose from, Julierose. Your Sentimental Scroll is looking good. It is going to be a beautiful finish.
ReplyDeleteYour 16 Patch blocks are darling! And your scroll and journal pages are so personal and touching, plus your lovely quilting.
ReplyDeleteWe're supposed to have one ''warm'' day tomorrow, hmmm.. 30-ish? The bright sun melted my deck glacier enough that I opened the door--only 2" tho. Need a good long thaw.
Sweet, kind of sentimental 16 patches. What are you going to make with them and the others that you have? There is nothing more pleasing than seeing the low volume stitching you are doing on your pages.
ReplyDeleteYour 16 patch blocks look great - such pretty prints! I love the sweet flowers. And the fabric roses you made for the scroll - how did you do that? They're lovely! Glad the new thermostat is installed and working, and thank goodness for handy hubbies!
ReplyDeleteOh my word! I thought likely your jelly rolls would be costly at today's prices but not that much!! Sure gives a person incentive to 'shop' our stash doesn't it.
ReplyDeleteIsnt it so fun to shop your stash and find great fabrics you already bought? The more I look through my stash, the more good stuff I find and the less I feel the need to shop the new stuff. Glad Tom got that thermostat all set and you’re staying comfy!
ReplyDeleteHaving stash is especially nice now with the rising prices.
ReplyDeleteBoy, jelly rolls sure are expensive! I've bought a few fat quarters but I'm trying to stick to my stash too. I love seeing your Sentimental Scroll. What precious pages! So glad Tom figured out your thermostat. They're not easy to set!
ReplyDelete