About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, February 22, 2026

VINTAGE CARAVAN JOURNAL, revisited

 

In 2024 I joined in with Kristina's Shack on  YT 
to make a caravan journal glue book...

When we were a young family we went 
camping for our vacations...
Altho' we were "tenters", we always
wanted to own a small travel caravan...

Above is the front cover of my Boho-Style 
Dream Caravan Journal
and 
here is the back cover...
I began working on this in 2024 and want to finish it up...

Following are some of the pages I've finished 
representing my imagined 
"Life on the Road";)))

[some of you long time followers may recall these....]
Here is my imagined sleeping area with a 
comfy hammock and a little window 
to look out of...
and
And, what is a camping journey without a stop at 
the oceanside at sunset????

Meeting up with the "gals" for a beach day....

Everyone coming together for a group party...

I plan on working on a few more pages to finish this
journey in the camper of my dreams....

****************************

Here is a shot from our driveway camera
👀☃⛇

It is 6 p.m. and the snow has just 
begun to come down here...
we are all cozied up and ready for
the coming blizzard conditions...

Stay safe and warm
Hugs, julierose
(dreaming-of-caravan-travel-euse)










9 comments:

  1. Hoping for no downed trees here--we are surrounded by huge tall ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camper looks so adorable and fun--both your collaged journal pages and your imaginary travel plan. See ya at the Beach! [looks like Cape Cod].
    The snow got heavy here but '' they'' have reduced accumulation amounts, down from 24" to 8-ish. Let's hope those hurricane winds miss us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the caravan journal. Your journal are so much fun to see, Julierose. You are so creative with the stories. Hope the snow and wind doesn't cause any damage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather outside is frightful -- but inside it's so delightful, especially seeing your campervan. (Lots of campervans in New Zealand. I talked with a man from Switzerland who was finishing a 3-1/2 week campervan trip on the South Island.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay hunkered down and safe! Working on a summer caravan will at least have you thinking warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet project, Julierose! I love the shape of your caravan journal, and the fun things to be found inside it. A view of the ocean at sunset is one of my favorite things in life. Stay warm and have fun journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted a vintage 'bubble' caravan to tour around the countryside. No huge Winnebago for me but a sweet little one where gingham curtains hang at the windows. Seeing your fun caravan journal has reminded me yet again of the joy it would be holidaying in a caravan. No holidaying for you though in that dreadful weather. Best cozying inside playing with summer-themed pretties. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your journal. It's nice to think about camping and warmer temps. The blizzard is winding down at my house. Finally! I hope you're still warm and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative way to take an imaginary journey! I bet it’s so fun to work on. We camped with our young kids too, but getting a cabin basically put that at an end. I love the comforts of the cabin, but I miss some things about camping, namely getting to go to different places. Then again, I love getting to visit the cabin location again and again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.