About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

File Under: You Never Know....

Today was going to be a quiet quilting day:  instead I received a call at 9 am from my 92 yr-old mother's nursing home that she had fallen and broken her hip.  I won't go into all the details, but we waited at a clinic for 5 hours with her :
UNTIL:
the fire alarm went off and they evacuated the whole place out onto the helipad to await ambulances.  It was a scene from "Mash" for sure....
Needless to say, I may not be posting for a few days until I get my breath back  (and have a little glass of wine tonight)  and see how Mom does.... do plan on bringing my hand quilting for the time I will be waiting and visiting....
Amities,
Julierose, La Blageuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.