About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket....I've Got These Weird-Sized Baskets....


Well, as you can see, my "liberated baskets"  really flew into many shapes and sizes...

I do like the way they turned out and I like this method of free cutting and piecing (Gwen Marston style)  B U T ..now I have to puzzle out how to fit them together.  Last night I measured them all

FUN:  11 1/2 x 5 1/8 , 6 1/4 x 5 1/8  etc etc... and labeled them in 3 rows of five each....

I only have a limited amount of the toile left--soooo, I guess it will be "cutting and pasting" fabric style--if only I could learn to do that on my blog I could get some buttons onto my blog, too--

I think the F O G  here on the CT shore has invaded my brain...
I HAVE actually finished a lot of projects in past years and
Here are a few shots of a wallhanging I made in honor of my cat "Clara Schumann--aka Schumee" who passed into kitty heaven a few hears ago.


 




Thank you for coming to ma maison-- P.S.  Mom is bearing up pretty well, I figure if she is irritated, she must be feeling a bit better anyway....
Julierose, La Blageuse

2 comments:

  1. welcome to blogland! the toile baskets are really sweet. go ahead and throw in a different fabric if you need to to make it all go together - will add character. Cute kitty quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.