About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 21, 2012

AWOL--Spiderman Edition-OUCHERS!!!

It's a sad tale.....they are all so very right when they tell you to ...
 A L W A Y S close your rotary cutter after each cut...(and don't cross your hand over your body to stabilize any cloth, either)"Voici":

AND: 

I also wrenched my thumb pulling the finger back--but, alas, not in time--sooo, "Spiderman" is holding it all together (which, I might say, is more than I am doing at the moment!!) I always have "Spiderman" and "Hello Kitty" bandaids on hand (no pun intended!!) for when the grandchildren come.....who knew, I'd be using them?

So, today is off to the library day instead of finishing up Scotties'day:


My nine "Scotties" ( who have been whispering among themselves about how their "ears", tails, & paws" look since I appliqued them)----- Well, guys, that's how they're going to stay--so "get used to it!!"  Enough already!!    I still love them tho'.....see......especially this middle one.....



Moving on.... was able to do a little pinning on my 2nd "Woods" piece:


Am trying for a fog-bound look...using the reverse of the Japanese wave piece on the bottom....the moon is a flowery batik all in greys and pale grey-blues--in honor of the "Flower Moon" we just witnessed.....and as a memory piece of our cruise through those deserted islands in the Carribbean last year...they seemed like the land that time forgot....simply, lushly beautiful...
C'est tout!
A bientot, mes amies,  Julierose, La Blageuse....

3 comments:

  1. Hope you heal fast!! I think your scotties look adorable! They're so cute! I think your Woods piece does have a fog like look! It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your injury. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! rotary cutters are so dangerous! I snipped my finger with a scissors the other day and I've been sewing almost 4 decades!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.