About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

WALK THE DOGGIES/FIND THE ROAD

Every dog has its day....nine of them... to try to learn to applique


Some are OK; others not so much...
but learning (I hope!) to be more delicate and make tinier stitches, closer together and not to PULL the thread so tightly.....


This Scottie's not too bad.....and here's a bordering idea....


"...oh, woe is me! look how she made my ear look.."  I can just hear them yapping away....

AHEM.  AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT--

"Midway on our life's journey, I found myself
In a dark woods, the right road lost.
To tell about those woods is hard---so tangled and rough"

This piece was sparked from my online class with Jude Hill (tho' I know it is not her style, only her method; her classes are phenomenal!!) and I plan to hang it by our front entrance just inside as a welcome to all...(.thought of this old piece of velvet from when my Grand-pere worked in the velvet mills and brought home leftovers to Grand'mere...."Remember Me".).

And so it goes, trying new things, bringing out old pieces to re-new and finish.....Have a good weekend all, Julierose, La Blageuse.....(still searching for the right road)

3 comments:

  1. Your scotties are so cute! My husband's name is Scott and always wanted to make him a scottie dog quilt! Your art quilt is beautiful! You should be so proud of it! I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I wish I did and envy people who have it. You're lucky to be able to make that. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little scotties they look great - Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend loves scotty dogs! I will have to send her over to take a look.
    Your piece turned out lovely, very artsy looking!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.