About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

"I LOVE the SOUND of the GENERATOR in the MORNING"...


Here's a pix of the Amtrak tunnel leading out to our beach after "Sandy" came to visit!!

We are STILL without power and have just gotten tv, phone, cell and internet back late this afternoon.  Luckily, we have a generator which--my darling hubby has been handling so that we have heat and light and refrigeration.  

Let me tell you how DARK-- DARKNESS can be w/o power....talk about a reality check--and we are lucky compared to NY and NJ, I hear.  Our town looks like a bomb hit it; 4 ft of sand on all the roads leading to beaches, trees over wires, downed power lines etc etc.  

LADIES--if EVER there was a time to use your Accuquilt Cutter: TA---DAAAAA!!  Hexagon==mania took over.  Crank that handle--forget the storm raging and cut, cut cut.  Gotta love it!! I have a new "pansey Flower" hexagon thingey in the making.....


To the right of the house (near our beach, not our house) WAS a stairway....this WAS a sandy beach....

I cannot complain tho', our home is 60 feet above sea level and luckily none of our trees came down.  We have a lot of Cedars which were whipping to the ground, but bounced back.  

Today, we can get out of our street (downed trees and wires before now) and actually venture out. We even can use our Keurig Coffee Maker --it's really amazing how much a cup of coffee can mean.....

 I will return to blog about more quilt-related thingeys soon..
.no school until Mon or Tuesday here and there was no Halloween...I am just grateful for what we have......Julierose, La Blageuse


12 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've got through the storm safely :)
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, glad you are safe. Good luck and prayers toyou and all near you that the recovery will be swift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awful, Julierose! So glad to hear you guys are doing well. Just awful. We didn't get hit half as bad as you did. Glad to hear you're doing well. Hope things get back to normal as soon as possible. Glad to hear you kept on quilting with your Accuquilt!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it through ok......it could have been so much worse! The cleanup will be a major job.....hopefully you'll have good weather for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you survived intact. And not surprised that you found something quilty to do during the blackout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were on my mind when Sandy was raging.i started to message you then decided to wait for you to post. So glad to hear you are safe! Glad your hubby is taking care of the generators so everyday needs are met! Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrible pictures. Glad to hear you're all right.
    All the best for you.
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are ok. Sandy left an awful mess and I hope that you are back to normal soon. You are so right about the little things like a cup of coffee though. when Irene visited us last year we lost power for a week. used the campers generator to power the freeers and fridge. our neighbor Dunkin Donuts had power and we used to tease and ask if we could run an extension cord from them. coffee was priority!lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best luck to all of you and I think you might have an entire hexagon quilt done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Oh my! Sooooooo glad you faired good through the storm!!! Yes, I live in the country and rural electricity can go out often....so eery to look outside and it's just pitch black EVERYWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to know you are safe. So much damage from that storm.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.