About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"MARY MANDALA" for MOM's CHRISTMAS


Here's the start of my Christmas present for Mom.  It is my FIRST (! don't look too closely LOL!) attempt at beading --and I am loving it!!

I got this idea from my latest book purchase: "Beading For the Soul" by Deborah Cannarella.  The triangle's points are images that are meaningful to the person. The apex is a Holy Card  (laminated) from a close friend's death, the lower right are hands that symbolize all that both of us do with them (music, golf, housewifery things, soothing children etc.), and the lower left is an old button from my mother's mother's (my Grand'mere's) dress....I thought that would be a nice touch.

She resting on a modern mugrug I made with my "almost-blooming: Christmas Cactus-- with my little angel watching over her.  A very sentimental present, I know.

That is how I am feeling after my last visit in the wake of "Sandy"--we talked over old times together and cried a little at how fast time flies by us--without our even realizing it.  At 93, I don't know how many Holiday Seasons I will have with her...but this helps me to remember the "good times".  As ever, Julierose, La Blageuse

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the times with your mother. I love the beading. It is funny that book is on my wish list. Btw, my parents live in Texas. I live in Washington State. I so envy your time with you mother. I tried to get them to relocate when I moved here. My mom was so against it. Now, twenty years later, they are both in poor health. They sure could use my help. Well, too much info I am sure. Have a great day. I love the beaded mandala! I bet your mom loves it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beading is beautiful. Your mom will love it. I can't believe it's your first time beading. Your sentiment is so nice. I almost cried. It really is a sentimental gift. Hope life is getting back to normal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice gift for Mom. We have a similar situation with my mother in law. she never wanted to move and now feels isolated and alone. With hubby being disabled it is a chore to get to her often.But as they say, time waits for no man. it keeps on ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is even more beautiful in person. Cherie is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is even more beautiful in person. Cherie is going to love it. love, lin

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.