About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

MRS. RAGBAG'S ZIG ZAG


Up on my wall right now:  this bunch of leftover HST'S I found tucked away in a baggie from eons ago!!  They are kinda uneven (duh); they were my first attempt at HST work.  Guess I gave up and put them away--but I am pressing (hah) on with them for fun!  It took me about three days to figure out how to sew them together (rip-it, rip-it, 3x's--all 86 of them!  Yikes!!) 

That navy&brown leafy print was one of my very favorites. I don't plan to makeup any more HST's -- just use what's on hand...fun--but a little frustrating, too..

 Here is our "cedar monster" after the "big snow" we had.  The weight of all that icey snow finally broke it in half!  I hate to lose cedars--they are so pretty...

As you can see, I haven't gotten much further with my Houses 2 little scene.  I am having a really hard time figuring out how to border it --or not--so "up on the wall" pinning and un-pinning various fabrics and then just looking.....












I finally made my binding for Blues-ey yesterday and after all our errands today, hope to true-up the quilt and sew the binding on it...and so it goes, baby steps for right now....hugs from Julierose, La Blageuse

8 comments:

  1. I like your zig-zag! As much as I like to see the falling snow, I really dislike that we are supposed to get more snow this week. I may need to do a bit of travel and do not need to drive in it! But it is so pretty in your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julierose,
    I love zig zag. I think it's wonderful for a pillow, perhaps for the deckchair in the summertime. Can you save a part of the big cedar?
    Have a nice day, perhaps to do some stitches.
    Take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julierose! Both of these are very cute! You must be cleaning your sewing room to find these older projects...good for you! I am short on cabinet space and have a whole section full of UFOs...if I would finish a few like you are, I would have some more space!! Haha! I love your little house quilt...with the leaves placed around them, they look sort of like they belong in a fairy tale! Little gnome houses! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your zig zag quilt! I was looking at one on pinterest but just can't start something new. Great that you used leftover HST's. Sounds like you're finishing up a few projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like the names "Mrs. Ragbags".

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love your zig zag. also love your houses. maybe some made scrappy fabric with lots of color to border? I am envisioning something scrappy with browns, greens, reds etc to warm it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your cedar. I find it painful to see a healthy tree or bush taken down, whatever the cause. A lot of folks are having fun with the triangles these days. Meanwhile, I'm still playing with nice straight strips! (For the time being anyway. Things can change on a dime as I'm sure you well know.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your HST zig zag. The pinks look great.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.