About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

DECIDING (?)--SUNDAY THOUGHTS


I've decided I am going to "enjoy" tying my "Blues-ey" quilt & just take my time.  Slowly....admiring all those old fabrics that recall my other quilts..(.the backing I've turned over is an all-time favorite, just a little bit left now....)...bits and pieces of the past....shards of memories tiling in my thoughts......


Can you "decide" to enjoy ???  I think so...making carefully tied taut knots; ; ; snipping the ends carefully...humming ...an old song running through my mind that my father used to play so beautifully on the piano....hearing my Mom singing along....in my young days...falling asleep to those wonderful, comforting sounds of home. 

What do you think?  Can you decide to enjoy??? 

Au Revoir, Julierose, La Blageuse..

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post! Aaahhh yes, sometimes I quilt with thoughts similar to what you described...sometimes I enjoy it just the same with a lifetime movie playing in the background! It doesn't take much to entertain me as long as I have some stitching to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the right idea. We should take the time to enjoy and smell the roses. It's hard to do in the world we live where everything is so fast paced. Maybe we should all try!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julierose,
    it's wonderful to read your thoughts and see the results. The blue fabrics are so beautiful. I love them all. I'm very interesting to see the quilt finish. I love to hear someone playing on the piano.
    Have a nice week and take care
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.