About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

STILL CRAZEEE, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

We visited Fiona (oh, & Jeff and Lin & 'Kota, too haha)  --anyhoo....she has really grown a lot!!  So much so, that I discovered that she will be going into a DOUBLE BED!!  I made enough blocks for a twin size...uh-oooh...Remember me "Hello Dolly"???  I've been expanded--

Here's what I've done:  this is a teeny portion of the 100 x 100 blocks for only the front of the quilt--it will be 60" x 60" +/- and a Rag quilt with a Christmas back.  I have yet to cut those 100 Santas and the 100 flannel  fillers..each block is 6.5 x 6.5 (I happened to have a ruler just that size....)                    (click on pix---;---)))
I have them up on my design wall and I love that pinky/lilac solid all around those Dolly blocks!  

Here's what my DH made for me after I cut and pinned them up all afternoon:

"I'll Take Manhattan.." la la la lala....

I got to put Fiona in for her nap Thursday--bundled under my 1st Rag quilt for her in the rocking chair, I read her 3 books and then she just looked at me.."Where's the songs, Grand'mere?"  So I lullabyed her to sleep...What a sweet girl...A wonderful day....
Julierose, La Blageuse (Grand'mere)

5 comments:

  1. You deserve a drink after all that work you did to make that quilt larger! Fiona looks so much bigger now! I feel as though I've watched her grow through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I didn't want you to have to change it... It is beautiful! Our little girl is soooo lucky :-) l, lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been busy. Great progress though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.