About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

SLEIGH BELLS RING...ALREADY??


Here's the start of my Christmas Postage Stamp piece.  I have the right to left  rows sewn together and now for the "matching up" part to sew  horizontally.  I have been collecting these 2.5" mini charm packs for a bit and notice that there are not a lot of greens in there--no hollies, no firs, no pines....lol

(Do ya think that one light green should be replaced?  It kinda sticks out, doesn't it? All the other greens are of that muted [sickey] greenish color...)
I'll just have to GO!Baby cut my own greens to go with all the reds I guess

 I have wanted to make a simple Christmassy quilt for a while and although this is straightforward sewing, all that matching will be a challenge for me.

And here's my favorite little charm:

The bubblegum pinky one---- love that color...

I wanted to join up with the postage stamp swap this year, but I have nowhere near enough to swap.  And also, I seem to get overwhelmed when I  'join" up for things...{sigh}. Trying to stay "REAL" here and not bite off more than I can chew.

MEANWHILE:
Ol' Georgie Peorgie is in the corner sulking while I try to figure out if I should re-do those durn little triple nine-patches (and of course that means taking it all apart !! AGAIN) as they didn't all come out right and I CAN SEE IT!!!! ACK!!!
 I can hear him muttering in that corner...he'll just have to be patient (and he does fib, he says " get on with it, so what if they're uneven".  I hope he holds it down so I can sleep at night!!  )

We have turned on the AC here--can you imagine October 15th and the dewpoint is up to 69!!  Hot hot hot!

Still working on lozenges slowly...
And that's all the news from my very own "Lake WoeBeGone" today..
.hugs to all
Julierose, La Blageuse





11 comments:

  1. love your little postage stamp project. cute cute I like the "odd" green I think it will make it sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad you like it--that means--"no takey apartey"!! LOL hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. Oh, leave the green piece in. You will be making lots more blocks and will probably have more of that type green among your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing my happy dance--will leave (leaf hahaha) it in. Thanks so much for your input. I can see that you are thinking ahead and visualizing as you do so well...merci (mercy!) Julierose

      Delete
  3. I'd leave the lighter green... there are off whites with red, so my eye says it's okay.
    Georgie isn't a gift - hasn't got a deadline... Just shush him. He isn't the current president, so can't demand anything anymore. (Your blog is always so entertaining! Thank you!)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I muffled GP this afternoon and worked on my lozenges and my postage stamp piece. I think that I have to work on my basics; since my Pfaff died, getting used to my Viking and that wobbly 1/4": footsie has been really quite a change. And you know as you "advance" in years, change is not something you particularly like a lot! Sooo, i am working hard at slowing down and matching opposing seams...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  4. I think it looks great! I like that green! I went to a quilt shop today and all the Christmas fabric was out. I had to control myself to not buy any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, too; It is difficult not to buy for sure. Am trying to shop my "stash" instead. (good luck with that one!) hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  5. I love your idea of a postage stamp red and green quilt...I don't have a Christmas quilt and need to put some thought toward that... Meanwhile, I love your Georgie-porgey (spelling ?) as a smaller medallion project. Don't be so hard on yourself! Your patches look fine...If it were me I would power on and forget the seam ripper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Teresa! Perhaps I will do just that! Thanks for the vote of confidence...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. It looks great Julierose I am making me a Christmas quilt on my other quilting blog. I will . Post pictures of my start on wont to be quilter tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.