About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

BABY STEPS


I have been able to make two more of my "Sleigh Bells" postage stamp blocks using bits of time here and there.  

AND....
one more of "Greylock Mts."

I find that slow going makes me really watch for joinings.  (Sometimes the "rain" blows sideways on my mountain top over the flowers...)

DH is getting better each day that passes; thank you all for your kind concern. 
Today we were able to do a boardwalk stroll--such a glorious Autumn/summer-like day...very hazy but beautiful.  Our trees have such a variety of yellows, pinks, peaches, reds, maroons--you name it.  Amazing colors.  A visual treat at every turn.  

MEANWHILE...back on the design wall......................

Georgie is mumbling again! Every time I pass by my room I can hear his whispers:   "My BACK is cold; I don't have anything there you know!  I need to get a backing before the cold weather comes in... I was out in the coldest cold before and I know what I'm talking about!!"  He is certainly a grumpy George... perhaps the fact that he has wooden teeth makes him testy...ya think?? ;--000

Maybe I had better get busy and back him soon...if only to quiet him down!  

Hugs, Julierose La Blageuse (Nurse-euse)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having great weather like we are. Such a beautiful fall. I agree slowing down helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your projects and these are no exception! You're so creative! Keep it up! Hope your husband feels better with every passing day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall colours must be just beautiful.
    Greylock Mountain blocks are looking good and pleased to her your husband is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that your DH is doing better and that you are back in sewing mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is good that he is back on track; I am sewing here and there...thanks, Julierose

      Delete
  5. loving your sleigh bells. I am playing with Christmas fabrics too. fun.
    glad hubs is dong better. your projects look great! how are you doing your mountain blocks? are you doing the large half square triangle then cut and rearrange method like Bonnie Hunter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dawn! I am using the BH method--long diagonals are very fragile though...handle with care! hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. This is my third time to try to leave a comment My kindle I think

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4th try #
    Glad
    ad hu


    Glad your hub

    by is better, love ed both your quilts you are working on, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am hearing some of those rumblings from several of my projects! Your postage stamp quilt is going to be so fun! I'm glad you are both able to enjoy some lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your hubby is making good progress - must be the expert nurse. Sorry your Georgie is so demanding, but old men are like that - mine is a nagger, too.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to have projects that you can do just a little of when you get the opportunity.

    Glad to hear you have both been out enjoying the autumn colour.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.