About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, December 30, 2016

GOALS--REALLY?? WHO ME???

GOAL NO. 1 and first up for me this year:  finish Connor's quilt

GOAL NUMERO DEUX (;)): MAKE FOUR LABELS FOR MY GRANDS QUILTS
Now, why do I always balk at making these--they are so important and as these will be going away to college gifts, I NEED to make them....just sayin' guys....

GOAL TROIS:  FINALLY FINISH UP MY HEXAGON PROJECT: "MONET'S JARDIN"
And this is really stuck--(so stuck it's hanging in my "closet of shame"...calling my name).

GOAL FOUR: FINISH UP MY SNOW FLOWERS HEXAGON PIECE
Same problem--how to set it...applique or what (are you starting to see a pattern to these
 unfinished pieces....??Hmmmm???)

GOAL FIVE : MY LAST SIX CRAZY QUILT BLOCKS: this will be a Summer-on-the-Deck project (Summer will come----right? ;000)

GOAL SIX: KNITTING; finish my YOWZA shawl for myself--I gifted three so far--
and make some more socks as my two pair are showing wear...

THEN: I'm just not able to open my "drawer of shame" or riffle through my hanging pieces as--
in keeping with
                                    2016 's: "Julierose, the Medical Issues Years"

 (wait for it.................now that my eyes are so much better I....(Aaaaargh):
 I threw my back out yesterday a final insult to end up 2016!!)

But I think you get the idea--After Connor's big quilt, I will be not making any big quilts
this year (now, don't email me --if, well, if I do after all .......hahaha)

This will be the year of table runners, lap quilts, dolly quilts for my two little grandgirls,
small wall hangings and place mats, napkins  etc etc...

I may even learn how to FINALLY put in a zipper (be still my heart!!)

I am joining in with quilting jet girl on 17 finishes in 2017 (even though I don't list 17--figures!!)

hugs and

                                           HAPPY    NEW    YEAR
                     to all of you, my wonderful, generous and faithful followers...
                                           you all give me such JOY


ALSO the biggest thing is to USE UP MY STASH FABRICS!!!!!

12 comments:

  1. What an amazing list! You have some great projects in the works. I think we all have UFO's and we'll get to them eventually. (Maybe?!) So glad your eyes are better. Hope your back gets better soon. Happy to see your post after your quiet time! Have a Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh. I am not very good with labels either so I have a few to make myself.

    Hope your back feels much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals and wonderful projects! I look forward to seeing your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your back feels better soon. Don't make me come to your house! LOL sounds like a great list. let me know if you are interested in some dolly diapers of flannel for those girls. my friend Jacky makes them along with doll quilts and burp cloths. I can get you the pattern. easy peasy and oh so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you going to be glad this year is over. So many people share the same sentiment. Hope your back feels better. I like your choice of what you are going to finish up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of goals. I wish you good luck with them as well as your poor back! Not a nice way to end the year. Here's a better one (medically speaking). xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on all your goals for 2017. You have a good combination of easy goals and more challenging goals. Sorry about your back, hopefully it heals very quickly. Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some pretty impressive projects on your list. Just think of the beautiful quilts you will have once finished! So sorry to hear you threw your back out - hope you recover quickly! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I hope the back heals quickly. I love the idea of small quilts .... something about an easier finish to make you feel better. May 2017 be a year of health for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will have to try quilt as you go sometime! Small manageable squares to to quilkt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you a wonderful 2017 as you work on these fun projects. Thank you so much for sharing your goals for the year ans linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list of goals here! A Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.