About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A SCREECHING HALT!!

Sooo, yesterday I sewed on the two "fairyland" bindings on both of my I Spy quilts and .....
my whole left side: arm, shoulder, neck, and hand is terribly sore...couldn't sleep last night as I
was unable to find a place to put the aching arm that was comfortable (Boo-hoo girl!!
Hello Aleve!!)
And so the above title  ..;(((( no more sewing or knitting or yarn winding off for a couple days....

But I love how this binding will look..so old fashioned and girly:

Here are a couple close ups of the leftover fabrics I had on hand...
A few little green flower fairies...and

And some magenta woodland fairies...amid the green and white hydrangea blooms....
My two grandgirls are really into "Fairies" right now...and the backs are fairy prints also...

I am chafing at the bit to get them sewn down and labels done...
****************************************************
AND....
On the knitting agenda:

Madame Smiley Row Counter shows 66 rows done...out of 270--like I said before, a long
term project and this is just the center square which is to be be bordered with knitted lacework...

It is just plain garter stitch, but the Brooklyn Tweed Loft yarn is so lovely and delicate to work on
that I am totally enjoying it...

*   *   *  *                         ***********************************              *   *  *   *
Does anyone recognize this plant?? When I was waiting for Thom to emerge from  his cataract op, a fellow waitee..and plant enthusiast brought me a slip of this (wasn't that nice??;)))
We talked plants during the long waiting periods....


I've forgotten the name --see the orange flowers below

And they fade out into these pretty white "fluff" balls...it just blooms like crazy in my living room's Northern exposure...anyone know it???
**************************************

And these two are running around my design wall waiting to be harnessed into something...
AND:

You can just see, peeking from the left side my other project that has been sitting around and that I hope to finish up...
My Japanese Garden --(Eye of God design) little 3.5" scrappy blocks sewn on telephone papers..
(4 together make up the pattern). I love making these and would like to make a Christmassy one
next...
The center yellow print has the remainders of my lovely Japanese Geishas strolling through my Garden.
********************************************
So, I have all these projects (along with my Pomegranate hand quilting which is another long project to finish, but I love it!!) on the go...
BUT, will have to wait for my poor body to catch up.....
And so it goes...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (quilt-knit-euse in waiting...)

15 comments:

  1. Just lovely projects, all of them...and I love your pretty girly binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your projects are quite lovely and don't worry...they will be waiting for you when you are ready to work on them.

    I hope your arm feels much better soon and I also hope that your hubby's procedure went well.

    Sorry, I don't know the name of the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a plant like yours in the 70s... couldn't remember the name, but I found it in one of my houseplant books. It's a Gynura sarmentosa (Latin name). Yours is probably the Purple Passion Vine.
    Love the Japanese Garden! Try Blue Emu Oil (comes in spray or cream) (find it at WalMart) for your aches. We had sciatica quite badly and it helped a lot. Recommended by my cousin in law. She used it for arthritis.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry to hear about your arm! Hope it improves quickly with some rest.

    I've never seen that plant before, so I'm glad Terri identified it. I wonder if it is available in Australia? It might never have been imported. It looks pretty, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julierose,love all your work and not good when your body is aching i have trouble with my arm and shoulder and my physio told me to put a cushion or pillow under my elbow when hand stitching and i dont have any more trouble with my arm,maybe you can try that xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your colorful photos.
    Your work looks good. I still love fairies, I'm a girl at heart.
    Hopefully you feel better soon, that happens to me if I go
    on a sewing/working marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon. It's hard to wait to work on such great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too bad you're hurting after bouts of illness. The flower is so delicate but I don't recognize it. However, I did recognize severals of your fairy fabrics from my stash. How fun!
    Rest up so you're completely better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes the plant is called purple passion. my Dad used to grow them in the greenhouse. sorry about your arm and shoulder. it stinks to have something you love cause you pain. hope you get better soon girl! those projects are coming along

    ReplyDelete
  10. With so many projects going on I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe sweetie the spirit is willing but the body weak. Lovely projects and the binding on the Ispy quilts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rest and Aleve are always good for aching arms . . . wishing you a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take care of yourself! Your lovely projects will be waiting for you when you're feeling better. All your projects are coming out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the arm,shoulder,neck,hand! Are you moving around occasionally instead of sitting in the same position and doing the same repetitive motions for hours on end?

    I still love fairies and have lots of fairy fabrics myself and I have a fairy garden outside complete with a fairy door in a sundial stand and all kinds of miniature flowers. I used to hide little treasures in there when the grandkids were little but they don't find fairies fun anymore so no more treasures for them!

    I call that plant purple passion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just come to visit . No wonder your shoulders are sore ! I love your i spy quilt . Your Granddaughter will love it I'm sure

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.