About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

SCRAPPY SATURDAY

Working my scrappy blocks with the maroons leftover from "Free the Wild Horses";
and blues from my "Stars" wall hanging.....


You can see my orts from those two quilts laid out here by color......................


**************************************AND*****************************
Here is my salute to Autumn --
all from 2.5" squares and scraps; 
and  I am using one fabric
of Summer's Bounty for the centers...

I've been wanting to try out this "Maverick Star"  block for a long time....
This will be a long term leader-ender project...


I love this red door.............
and
Pumpkins ripening....


****************************************AND**************************


Look at this lovely mug rug that DAWN sent me--a surprise happy mailing....
thank you Dawn, you are so thoughtful...I love it!
And the reverse:
Really really cute...

*******************************************AND******************** (G A S P E R S!!)
                         [File under "Squirrel" ...yup, totally enchanted....]


I am cutting 1" centers and strips to join in with the "Log Cabin Loonies" making this 4" finished (;ooo) log cabin block 
(I must have lost my mind somewhere today--but I will give it a whirl...)
...at:
                                    Another Julie ;))) 's blog...(click to find her)

go and check out her "teeney" tiny gorgeous piece....

(As you can see I am still using the same colors that are more orts from my Ojo di Dios
works above...)  
AND, (sighing here) I am a little (well, actually, a lot!) concerned about the seam allowance thing...I figure it will be a "near thing--so I cut out extra centers 
(for my friend "Just-in-Case)hahaha

(Wish me luck, fingers crossed, feet first, jumping in at the deep end...etc etc ðŸ˜“ )
Hugs, 
Julierose, La Blageuse  ( stripping along-euse)

8 comments:

  1. I just love your tiny blocks...such gorgeous saturated color! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post. You have quite a variety of quilts going. Love the fabric you chose. It will be fun to follow along.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha--I have the same squirrel problem! Looks like you are having fun with your scraps though, and that's what it's all about in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn made you the cutest mug rug! Enjoy using it! I love when you use your scraps! It's always fun to see what you're doing next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing all of your cut fabric makes me happy...I really need to clean off my sewing desk and get my machine going again.
    Love to see all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some nice projects in the works. Love the star blocks, the centers are fun. Good luck with the teeny bits, I've learned that I just don't do 'little' very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, what a cute red door in that maverick star. You have some great projects going. That Log Cabin Loonies project tempted me, too, but I guess I’m looney enough without it, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.