Here is where my Log Cabin Loonies project stands so far...
Next round for JulieK's project will be darks...I hope to add these this week...
Drop in for a visit to see everyone's lovely interpretation ....
[Our AC is acting up (oh no--in a heat wave, of course!!) --it works for a while and then doesn't
come on...maybe it's tired? I wouldn't be surprised as I think it has been on continuously all Summer
long..so a "HELP" call will be going in to our guy....]
................................anyway, there are 20 of these little gems in progress..
this little block looks like a snowstorm to me....
******************************************************
.I am hoping that this WIP and this one below:
will begin to deplete my stash of blue and dark red/maroon strips...
But it seems the more I use, the more show up overnight. ;000
*******************************************************
AND THEN...there's this kerfoffle to work on:
Fabric fabric everywhere, and how my shelves did shrink...lol
{to misquote The Rime of the Ancient Mariner into the Rime of the Ancient Sewist....}
What a total mess...at one time all fabrics were folded neatly and arranged by hot and cold
colors...not so much anymore, ya think?
If my "Ancient" limbs will allow I need to get down in there and re-sort and re-
arrange...so far, I look at it, and then close the doors...(bad girl).
Stay cool,
Hugs from
Julierose, La blageuse (fanning herself-euse)






Oh no! Hope they are able to get the AC working again for you today. Your fabrics are neater than mine =). Love the maroon and blue strings together - striking.
ReplyDeleteMe? I would pull out all of the fabrics and pile them on a table to begin. I might also see about elevated shelves since my knees no longer like low shelves. And then I wiuld just start folding. One piece at a time.
ReplyDeleteLove the maroon and blue strings....and your stash is still very much neater than mine. I moved recently and still have boxes and bags piled in front of my shelves..I have to move them to even get to the point of putting fabrics on the shelves!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful portrait of your Mom. What a keep sake.
ReplyDeleteThese blocks are turning out to be so interesting!
Ancient Sewist, doesn’t look like you’ll be running out of fabric any time soon.
love your blocks! I can't close my door so we just look at it.
ReplyDeleteYou need to move here... we are having a bunch of natural A/C - 62 F today.
ReplyDeleteLove your logs and the strings, too. Good combos.
Hugs
Cute blocks! Looks like you have plenty of stash :)
ReplyDeleteNot good about the AC....ours has been on continuous for almost 2 months and would not be good without it!! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteJUst absolutely gorgeous!! Love your blocks...and your fabric stash is so fun too!
ReplyDeleteYour stash depletion projects look great!
ReplyDeleteThose little blocks take time, don't they! All that cutting, stitching and pressing.
ReplyDeleteYour tiny logs are looking so good!!! The big string blocks, too. Your shelves... not so much, LOL!!!! (Wink) I hope your A/C decides to cooperate...
ReplyDeleteThose fabrics are fabulous! Just think how good you will feel when you sort out those fabrics......go girl you can do it!
ReplyDeleteWhen i organized my stash i got bins at the dollar store that fit my bookshelf. Then sorted by color into them.they get a little messy as i rifle thru but a bin is easy to pull out and fix. Good luck. Wish i lived closer i would help you.could you see jacky and i organizing in there? We would have fun getting it good for you. Sometimes you find gems you forgot about
ReplyDeletei worked at organizing my stash last year. But I never put any fabric back where it belongs, or new ones that come in. So, I am once again becoming unorganized, sigh. You blocks are great.
ReplyDeletexx, Carol
Your log cabins are coming along beautifully. They do look like winter. Hope that helps with the AC out. My stash needs arranging, too.
ReplyDeleteLOL--I don't know how it happens but it does seem the more fabric we use, the more there is to be used! Your little blocks are looking pretty cute!
ReplyDeleteCute little gems is right!
ReplyDeleteOh, I think your shelves look nicely organized compared to mine...oh, I don't have shelves...just stuff in boxes and piled on my cutting table.
I don't have a/c so don't have to worry about it breaking. I did have a septic tank that needed pumping out, though. And after the guy came to do that storm started and we had no power for four hours. It's always something...
These blocks are coming out great! I love how your scraps look so good together. I'm afraid our AC has had it too. It's been too hot this summer. My stash just keeps growing! I might have to do another Bonnie Hunter quilt to get them under control!
ReplyDeleteas to the stash mess... well when you're creative mess happens. I can relate!!!
ReplyDeleteAs to those fab blocks... I like the sky aspect and feel maybe the sky gets lost in the setting you shared. So since it's really NONE of my business to comment, I am saying I'd love to see another setting, or two, to see if the sky comes forward again and makes me think of fall.
Please feel free to ignore the peanut gallery!
I hate it when the storage cupboards shrink! Looks like you're having a blast!
ReplyDeleteI don't think there is any such thing as stash depletion! Those fabrics just multiply no matter what you do to use them up.
ReplyDeletewhat an interesting mix of prints in your LC very nice.
ReplyDeleteOh my fabric is similar shape. Lots of it needs refolding