Today, I sorted what is left of my string scraps into colors:
(sort of) ;)))
these are the only ones left...
AND
these little corner triangles
[from
what was going to be
a broken dishes piece]
BUT: every time I sewed them together
they wonkified on me....(sigh)
So I am using these for block corners..
When all (or most of )these strings are gone
the piece will be deemed finished......
As I am pretty much randomly picking strings for each block, this
is turning out to be a
"String Vortex"...or (string vomit!!) --piece
I am:
not over-thinking anything...
I am not {obviously}
doing matchey-matchey
or
taking too long to pick and choose either.......
And as,
I am in love with any kind of scrappy quilts-
the clashings .......just are what happens...
(I am sure some of you out there are gnashing your teeth!
and thinking to yourselves: " Wow" does that go with
THAT?????? What is she thinking???)
See, that is the point, I am not thinking...just pulling
strips....
I don't want to see A N Y of these
S C R A P S
hanging around...
AND......
**somehow I cannot bear
to throw them out...**
************************************
Now for a very sad tale of woe....
Remember this piece I finished [from Lori at Humble Quilts] ?
Look what happened when I tried a
"so-called" wash out pen to begin marking
for quilting.....aaargh--oooh noooo...
DISASTER.....
I have washed and washed and put white vinegar on it--BUT
it keeps on coming back.... (S I G H )
I guess I will just have to just remove the triangle
and put a new one on it...😒😢😡😠😟---if i can find the same fabric--
or as Cathy says take all four off and replace them all....
No more marking pens for this gal....
Has this ever happened to any of you???
hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (scrubbing away-euse);((((





Love your strings. Looks like you have been thinking about the combinations. You have a lovely arrangement of lights, darks and mediums. I love the prints and using the triangles is good, too. It will be a beautiful quilt. Sorry to remind you that it doesn't take that much fabric to make a quilt, it might be really big if you use it all.
ReplyDeleteSorry, too, about your disaster. Lucky you didn't mark the whole quilt first. This is an easier fix. (What brand of pen was it?)
Hugs
I love your strings, um that is what I do with the strings left over after cutting guild fabric. Oh no I would be in tears. I agree probably all 4 corners.
ReplyDeleteI love the string blocks! I'd probably replace all four corners of the little quilt, unless you do have the same fabric.
ReplyDeleteI always test markers/ removal on a scrap before using as I am likely to grab a permanent marker thinking it is a washable. I do like iron of Frixion pens tho not everyone agrees.
lizzy
I like that your strings aren't matched perfectly. It's more interesting that way! I've never had a problem with markers. I'm not sure what else you could try to get rid of those marks. Replacing the triangles may be the best option. I'd be mad!!
ReplyDeleteI do not use markers at all - perhaps a bit of chalk (after testing) but I work in an unmarked (and liberated) manner just so I don't have to deal with what you have shown.
ReplyDeletep.s. for the person who mentioned the Frixion pens - the color disappears but reappears if the quilt (or whatever) gets cold. Happens to woodturners and other artists as well -- I don't use them.
ReplyDeleteOh no Julie. I would replace all 4 too unless you have that fabric left. I dont like to mark for that reason. If i need to mark on darker fabrics i use a soap sliver. That washes out fine. Love your strings. On my bucket list to do....
ReplyDeleteString Vomit....LOL. Sorta sorted....you are cracking me up. I'm not good at stringing the strings. They look good to me.
ReplyDeletewe're both playing with lots and lots of strings. I am also picking randomly. It is hard to hold on to and also let go of scraps!
ReplyDeleteOy! I never use marking pens either. If I can’t chalk it, it doesn’t get marked! Love your strings, though!!
ReplyDelete