I do remember reading a book about it by Roberta Horton--she did a lot
of Japanese quilting quite a while ago...
It is a relaxing and easy running stitch on a doubled cloth...
love how it looks..
see 👀 👀 ----so, that makes it perfect for lamplight sewing...
Making it easier to
Keep my hands OFF of food and busy ( hahaha ).
As I am really trying
hard to drop lb-age (!!)
I am only allowing myself tea at night--
NO
SNACKS!!
😋😒
[Tough when the hubster is eating beside me....and not gaining
any weight!!!!! ] How fair is that??????????
****************************************
The sun is trying hard to come out this morning; will we have a
decent Saturday? Oops, in again....no ...out again...etc etc...
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (sashaying with Sashiko-euse) ;)))
P.S. visiting kathy's quilts for Sunday's Slow Slothful ;)))
stitching...

Love the sashiko. I am getting ready to mark a quilt now for hand quilting and using a Sashiko pattern similar to the one you are using.
ReplyDeleteI remember Roberta Horton for her stained glass quilts. I tried some of that. Would be easier now with the great tone on tone fabrics we have. Thanks for reminding me.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Nice stitching, yes good to keep hands busy.
ReplyDeleteThat would make an attractive hand quilt pattern too.
A good way to keep those hands busy.looks great
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work. No, it isn't fair, LOL, and I have one of those husbands too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and relaxing project! Beautiful stitches.
ReplyDeleteI've never done sashiko. Good for you to always be trying something new. Good luck with no snacks...it's so hard to lose weight.
ReplyDeleteI've always fancied having a go at sashiko. Your stitching is very even!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite story is a young man I worked with years ago who gave up carrots and lost 10 pounds. Men have an advantage there.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a really fun project to keep the hands busy!
ReplyDeleteDon't try nibbling on the edges if you get too hungry! LOL
Your stitches look awesome. Would make for a nice summer coverlet for a bed. Have fun stitching!
ReplyDeleteNice work on the Sashiko. It has certainly become popular again. And good luck with the weight.
ReplyDeleteNow I am feeling guilty as my Hubby just convinced me to have a small bowl of ice-cream, but I am trying to lose some weight also. I really love your Sashiko. It looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThat looks very relaxing to do, and the white on navy is such a classic look. Beautiful!
ReplyDeletelooks great. I like the look but have never tried it. Losing weight is the hardest!
ReplyDelete